Zuks of KC - Moab, 2013

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Zuks of KC - Moab, 2013

Post by lj20Colorado »

i think moab will be a great one to do again and i think we should get a vote going of where we want to all go
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Re: Date, Location

Post by Tweedy bird »

Moab sounds great. With Edies health conditions We have decided We will not overnight above 5000 ft. Her lungs just dont absorb enough O2. I know these are purly selfish reasons but it is my wifes health I am talking about. I would like to see the high country but her lungs won't allow it. Besides there is still anouther 3/4 of this great country I have not seen yet
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

I loved the Moab trip and i don't wona go anywhere in the north west my vote is Moab do u have a place in mind tweddy ??
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Moab does meet Dad's criteria. The town is all around 4000-4100 feet.
A legend in my own mind.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Moab again sure would be fun.

Myers
"LJsRME"
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I can't do a Moab meet next year. We're committed to the Italy trip we didn't do this year, which only leaves Linda with a bit over a week of vacation for the whole year. Plus, with the girls in school (which now starts the week before Labor Day weekend), the only time I would be available is late June through Mid August, and Moab is just too hot that time of year. I'd love to go back there, but not in the summertime!

If you guys want to plan a separate meet to Moab next year, feel free to do so, but I don't think I'll be able to make it.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Huh. It just so happens that ZuksOfKC has been in the planning stages of a trip to Moab around the last of Sept/early Oct of 2013. We just could make it a combo ZOKC/LJ10 meet. We got 5 Samurai's sorta commited. And we're looking at a full week there.

Whaddaya'll think?

Caveat #1: I'll have my Samurai, no LJ.
Caveat #2: You'll have to depend on me for planning and coordination. And if that ain't skeery, I dunno wot is.
Caveat #3: We gotta make sure that SuzukiTom is there to be trail leader, he's the onliest one that knows his way around out there. I will make it worth his while, tho.

C'mon and comment.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

I think lj meets should be a group plan not just a one person decision. And yes smuz that would be great and I would trust u :). It would be great to see alot of Ljs at that meet
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

lj20Colorado wrote:I think lj meets should be a group plan not just a one person decision.
Ideally, that's true. Realistically, you can't get more than 3 people to even agree when to have lunch, much less plan sumpin like a meet. It normally all comes down to one person taking the bull by the tail, facing the situation, and ramming things thru. Right now it seems to be me looking the bull right in the...er...situation.

In this case, ZOKC IS planning a meet in Moab. It's just serendipitous that a lot of LJ10 is wanting to go to Moab. Perfect opportunity, IMHO, to get the two groups together for an awesome meet.

Good comment, Jake, let's hear some more.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Smuz wrote:Huh. It just so happens that ZuksOfKC has been in the planning stages of a trip to Moab around the last of Sept/early Oct of 2013. We just could make it a combo ZOKC/LJ10 meet. We got 5 Samurai's sorta commited. And we're looking at a full week there.

Whaddaya'll think?

Caveat #1: I'll have my Samurai, no LJ.
Caveat #2: You'll have to depend on me for planning and coordination. And if that ain't skeery, I dunno wot is.
Caveat #3: We gotta make sure that SuzukiTom is there to be trail leader, he's the onliest one that knows his way around out there. I will make it worth his while, tho.

C'mon and comment.
I trust you very much SMUZ but Caveat #3...... is crucial for me....so before I could agree.....I will wait on thee.....to advise Tom on what his worthwhile to you will be......and hope we get once again to see..... his wife Nancy and he.....
"LJsRME"
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

..... and my internet is very slow today so I hit the submit button twice and now do not know how to delete the twin post.
"LJsRME"
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote:
lj20Colorado wrote:I think lj meets should be a group plan not just a one person decision.
Ideally, that's true. Realistically, you can't get more than 3 people to even agree when to have lunch, much less plan sumpin like a meet. It normally all comes down to one person taking the bull by the tail, facing the situation, and ramming things thru.
And then when you do agree on lunch, one of them still ends up backing out at the last minute... :wink:

I remember before the first meet happened, a lot of people wanted to have some sort of get together, but it took quite a few years before someone (me) finally said "let's have the meet here, on these days." Even then (as with most of the meets) many of those who committed to coming have had to cancel for one reason or another, though we still got ten rigs at that first meet. If that first meet were the 2007 meet, where just about everyone had one issue or another, and only four rigs actually made it, I doubt there would have been a second meet.

The meets have become more and more a group decision, but that group is generally made up of those people who are actually attending the meets. At the last few meets, we have had campfire discussions of "where do you want to go next year?"; in fact, that is how we came up with the Colorado meet last year. We've also had discussions here in the forums about locations, but most of the weight is put on responses of those who can be reasonably expected to show up (i.e. those who have attended past meets.)
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Myers wrote:..... and my internet is very slow today so I hit the submit button twice and now do not know how to delete the twin post.
Yours and mine too. I tried at least five times to post my last response, and every time I got a nice view of an hourglass, followed by an error message. :roll:

I did delete the duplicate post though.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Thanks for cleaning me up. Can I delete a duplicate? If so how?
"LJsRME"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Keep talking people. We're still hashing out on ZoKC. When we get sumpin finalized, I'll star a new thread. But we wanna take your input too.

We're talking about dates, now. Choosing between:
1. Second week in Sept.
2. Third week in Sept.
3. Fourth week in Sept.
4. First week in Oct.
5. Second week in Oct.

And one person wants to go in May. :hammer:
McKFam
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by McKFam »

I have always wanted to come to one of these. Everytime it is close to me I either am on a family reuion, Traveling or no way to get there. The good news is that I bought a covered trailer to haul my LJ. I hope to keep it. The bad news is that I lost my job in June and I am looking for a new one. Took some time off but time to work again. If I do not have to sell it to stay a float then I am in for Moab. (assuming something does not come up to trump it). I can not make the NW but Moab I could do. Soooo if you want my vote it is Moab. Would love to try my LJ on some more trails and also to meet you all.

McKFam
No Other Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home
McKFam
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by McKFam »

Sell the trailer not the LJ. I do have my priorities straight.
No Other Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Wow, I'm totally underwhemed by the enthusiastic responses.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

My neck and shoulder area have informed me they have some Dr. appointments to make before they will let me commit to anything rough.

Myers
"LJsRME"
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tweedy bird »

I will be back out of school by then, the lj81 completed and back from Canada by then, sounds like a good time to go back to Moab. Also fits in to the wifes criteria of less than 6000 ft. elevation and she still wants to see more of the Moab area. Looks like we are a go 1 lj 2 adults and 1 birdhouse. When you finalisethe date let us know so we can plan for it.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Ok, I'm happier now.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

temp

Post by Ruby »

Tweedy bird wrote:the lj81 completed and back from Canada by then
:poke: What's this about?
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Ruby wrote:
What you mean?
A legend in my own mind.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

tweeder wrote:
Ruby wrote:
What you mean?
Did he get an LJ 81, and what's the story behind it? Pictures. Did I miss something?
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tweedy bird »

Ruby wrote:
Ruby wrote:Did he get an LJ 81, and what's the story behind it? Pictures. Did I miss something?

The best i can figure out a college student from the far north came down to LSU Shrevport and the 81 died of engin & tranny problems. It appears to have set in a salvage yard for several years with missing drivers door glass & rear glass. Rust got the lower 4" of the drivers door both floorpans rear 4" of the roof and the cowling below the windshield. Some bed and fender rust but not as bad.
I have now completed the drivers, door fixed all the hail dents in the hood & should complete the bed this week. Have in hand a replacement front cowling then comes the roof and floorpans.
Looks like we will go with a G10 FI in front of a sammy tranny. That will be my bigest challenge but have friends in the Arkansas Crawlers who live and brearh FI.
Should explane after 46 years at the same job I retired and enroled at a local Tech school body shop class at no cost. good instructors, good new frends, all the specialty tools I need with paint booth. Only about 10-12 hrs. per week and working on 2 LJs at the same time (LJ81 & LJ20V) so progress is not as fast as it could be but they will look good when completed.

pics. will eventually happen