Return to Disney

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Disney

Post by Smuz »

The boys and I are making another trip to Disney this next weekend, Oct 14.
We're taking Sancho, Whacker, and Henry.
Jimny is planning to show up with Ranger.
Anybody else wanna show up, come ahead.
I hope the weather is nice, I'm a fair weather four wheeler.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Jimny better show up in Fayetteville with that Sammy trans on saturday.....

3 more hours -- maybe even less -- and y'all can come wheel with me in Hot Springs :cool: i'll be down there this saturday and next sunday
A legend in my own mind.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Sorry Tweeder, not enuf lead time.

1. Henry and accessories are loaded and ready to go. Tomorry I gotta buy beer and gas when I pull out.

2. Whacker is ready, but not loaded. Wasp will load him tonight or early tommorry AM. Just needs gas.

4. Sancho is ready, just needs loaded. That'll happen tomorry morning.

5. Jimny wimped out and ain't coming.

We're sitting on "ready" and rocking on "go". We'll meet up about 30 miles south of my house about 12 noon and convoy from there. Should be in Disney about 4pm. I'll take lotsa pics.

None of these vehicles are completely "trail tested" yet. This oughta be fun!
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I'm dyin' to know what point #3 was...

Have fun!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

point #3......uhh, steve, they don't teach em to count in Kansas schools...

yeah, Smuz. i know that. just lettin ya know that next time you point it south, Hot Springs aint that much farther.
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

We're sitting on "ready" and rocking on "go"
COOL!!!

Point 3 is: He told Alice he is going on a business trip! :wink:
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote:I'm dyin' to know what point #3 was...
I'm kinda interested in that, myself. Whathehell happened here? I think I'll go siddown fer awhile.......
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Only pic I got..............
Attachments
Sancho1.jpg
Sancho1.jpg (131.19 KiB) Viewed 25197 times
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I looked at that pic, and looked at that pic, thinking who's LJ is that, then I remembered you put on a 20 hood on it. :wink:

The problem with Disney is you have too much fun to take the time to take pics!
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Yup, that be Sancho. I was too busy wheeling to take anymore pics except for 2 of other people's rigs.

The tree you can see behind Sancho is the one he hit last time when the brakes failed. The 4 wheel disk brakes on him this time worked perfectly. Jay said he didn't have to think about them, they just worked. :cool:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

I prolly need to give a small trip report.

1. Sancho performed in his usual understated manner. It is amazing to watch that thing climb outrageous obstacles and hills at 2500 RPM. Just "putt-putt-putt" and up he goes. One thing he does need is rear springs up front for added flex and wheel clearance.

2. Henry (Samurai) performed very well on his first trip with YJ springs and new diff gears (5.38's), but several things were noted: a) He's geared too low. 5.38 diff gears and a GRS-II transfer case on 33's are just too low for all around wheeling. b) The Toyota Celica power steering is trashed. The pump leaks badly. The sector shaft bearings are really shot and it doesn't work worth a crap. Ebay, here I come. c) The rear shackle angle is wrong. I need to move the rear axle back 3-4". That means reloacating the fuel tank. Crap.

3. Whacker (SAS Sidekick) was just awesome. Worked wonderfully well. It was his first time out to be really wheeled hard. The last couple of hours we were there, Wasp went looking for trouble. He wanted to find any weak spots on Whacker to fix this winter. Well, he found one. He tried going up the waterfall and would have made it but he ran out of power. Then he tried going up the infamous "Nose dive". Lost the front driveshaft on that one. The IFS driveshaft slip joint just doesn't have enuf length for a solid front axle with the flex he has. Now he's got sumpin to do this winter. :D

Sancho has some pics (including Whacker on "Nose dive"). I'll get 'em up here soon.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Smuz wrote:I'll get 'em up here soon.
well, git it in gear. i aint got all day :twisted:
A legend in my own mind.