Spring Zuwharrie Event in North Carolina

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

Blue Ridge Runner
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Spring Zuwharrie Event in North Carolina

Post by Blue Ridge Runner »

Spring Zuwharrie: April 21-23, 2006. Registration is now open!
Written by Art Lilley
Saturday, 28 January 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! It is time again to turn those wrenches and get those Zuks ready for the Spring 2006 Zuwharrie!

That’s right, the Spring 2006 Zuwharrie Event will take place from 21-23 April, 2006 at the Badin Lake OHV Park located in central North Carolina in the Uwharrie National Forest. Don't miss the Southeast's largest Suzuki Event! Uwharrie trails have a little something for everyone from stock to modified. Zuwharrie is open to all Suzuki-based vehicles, including the Samurai, Sidekick, Vitara, X-90, and Geo/Chevy Tracker.

About the Trails
Zuwharrie is held in the heart of North Carolina just minutes from downtown Troy. The park features 8 trails that will challenge any level of driver and vehicle. The trail system ranges from easy to difficult and features a wide variety of terrain. The majorities of the trails are made of up red clay soil and is spattered with various outcroppings of exposed rocks and boulders. There are also a good number of hill climbs and enough mud sloshed about to keep you on your toes. Some of the highlights of the park are Kodak Rock (a famous picture spot), Dickey Bell (the longest and most widely varied trail at 3 miles total) and Daniel (which takes honors as the hardest trail with its intense switchbacks and steep hill climbs). The trail system offers something for everyone and every experience level. One thing to note, however, once it rains in the park...the trails can get nasty quick...so A/T's should stick to the easiest trails if it has been raining but do fine when it's dry. Click HERE for a trail map.

Who can attend?
Due to the incredible growth of the event, we ask that only Suzuki-based vehicles attend. However, if you are a Suzuki owner and would like to invite a friend to attend that does not own a Suzuki, you may sponsor that person when you register. Please contact a Zuwharrie Staff member if you have any questions. No Suzuki based Vehicle will be turned away; however, we ask that you sign up in advance so we know how many people to expect.

Event Fee
There will be a $10.00 per trail vehicle fee, due at time of registration, required to attend the event. This is a per vehicle fee, not a per person fee. The cutoff for online registration will be April 20th. If you miss the online registration deadline you can still register at the event but the cost will be $15.00. Voluntary donations will also be accepted to help cover the cost of the Saturday night dinner.

How do I sign up?
Want to attend the largest Suzuki Gathering on the east coast? Please visit our signup page HERE to get registered. You may also mail in your registration to the address below.

Zuwharrie Off-Road Events, LLC
Spring Event Registration
630 Amah Lee Rd
Hampton GA 30228-1933

There will be a registration table open Friday and Saturday morning at the event. Even if you register online you will need to visit the table to turn in your waiver form (available online HERE), obtain a windshield decal for your vehicle, (this is a separate decal from the required Trail Pass) receive your raffle ticket, and sign up for a trail group. You may also mail in your waiver form along with your registration to the address above. The form is available online HERE or in person at the event. This is mandatory and without it you will not be allowed at the event.

Trail Fees
There is a $5 per day, or $30 per year trail fee that is your own responsibility to pay. This fee is charged by the state for upkeep of the park and trails. All passes must be displayed on the windshield of your off-road/trail vehicle. No one will be allowed to participate in the trail rides unless you have a valid pass. You will need to stop on your way in to the event and pick up your passes at one of the following locations:

Donnie Mullinix Store. Hwy 109, Uwharrie, NC
Eldorado Outpost, Hwy 109, Uwharrie, NC
Swift Island BP, Hwy 24/27 and River Road
Uwharrie Sportsman, Hwy 24/27 and River Road

Passes also available at the
Uwharrie National Forest
District Office
789 Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371
PH: 910-576-6391

Where do we stay for the event?
The Official Zuwharrie campground and Event Headquarters is located at the Badin Lake Group Camp in the Uwharrie National Forest. The cost of camping there is included in your registration fees. We have reserved sites A, B, and C for the entire weekend. We have also reserved site B for anyone who would like to come in on Thursday. Anyone arriving Thursday is requested to stay within the bounds of site B. Last year the USFS completed construction of a Shower House at the Badin Lake Group Camp. There are 4 shower rooms complete with hot water. Now there should be no excuse for not coming to the event! Please see a staff member if you have any questions.

There are also alternative camping locations located within a mile or two for those who may not want to stay at Group Camp. If you choose to stay at one of these alternate sites (some have electric hookups!) you will be required to make reservations and pay the cost associated with camping there as well as the registration fee to attend the event. For more info on these sites click HERE. For those who don’t like to rough it (meaning their wife wants to come but doesn’t like bugs) you can find a list of Hotels within 30 minutes driving distance to the event by clicking HERE.

Who else will be there?
Are you worried that you'll be in the woods all by yourself, well, fear not! Click HERE and see who's coming with you!

What do I need to bring to the event?
For a list of trail gear click HERE and for recommended camping equipment click HERE.

What's the weather like for this event?
Spring in the Uwharrie area usually brings mild days and cold nights. Things can change at any time, though, so we recommend you bring clothing for cool and warm weather. Last spring brought lots of rain to the event so be prepared for some good old fashion mud action.

Refunds
Should you require a refund there will be a 15% processing fee. Refunds requested on a Credit Card paid registration can only be credited back to the original card. All other refunds will be paid via check. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. Deadline to request a refund is April 17th, 06.

Who do I contact for more info?
You may contact us via email at info@zuwharrie.com or post on our BBS for more information.

Please Remember
Alcohol is not permitted in the park. Drinking and driving will not be tolerated. We will be in a National Forest and there are rules to follow. Let common sense tell you what is right and wrong. Remember that when you are at the campsite or on the trails that you are representing the Zuwharrie event, Zuwharrie.Com, our staff and sponsors, Suzuki owners, and the entire off-road community. Anyone involved in inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from future Zuwharrie events.

Here is the tentative Schedule of events. (Subject to change)

Thursday, 20 April
Staff and early bird arrival (Site B reserved)
Open Wheeling all day

Friday, 21 April
Open Wheeling all day
12-2 pm Early registration
6-9 pm Late Registration
Midnight to 6am Camp quiet hours as per Forestry regulations

Saturday, 22 April
7:00-8:00am Registration
8:00am Trail Leaders Meeting
8:15am Welcome to Zuwharrie and Drivers meeting
8:30am-6:00pm Organized trail groups
3:30pm Staff returns to prep for dinner
5:30pm Meet at Camp for Group Photo
6:00pm Group Photo
6:15pm Zuwharrie Dinner
7:30pm Raffle
8:30pm until complete Night wheeling
Midnight to 6am Camp quiet hours as per Forestry regulations

Sunday, 23 April
Open Wheeling

For more info on the Uwharrie National Forest please visit their Homepage at: http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/

HOME EVENTS Spring Zuwharrie: April 21-23, 2006. Registration is now open!

Copyright © 2000-2006 Zuwharrie Off-Road Events, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction is strictly prohibited. Legal Info.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT REGISTRATION PAGE
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

And the record for the longest post goes to...
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

:coffee: oy
'92 sidekick: 16v 5 speed 4 door. '72 lj20: frame and tub..
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Welcome, BRR.

Dunno if any of us will make it to Zuwharrie this year. I, for one am planning to make both the Zuwharrie and the Zookimelt next year with a coupla LJ's.
We been woefully under-represented.

Hope ya enjoy the forums.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Blue Ridge Runner
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Blue Ridge Runner »

Smuz wrote:Welcome, BRR.

Dunno if any of us will make it to Zuwharrie this year. I, for one am planning to make both the Zuwharrie and the Zookimelt next year with a coupla LJ's.
We been woefully under-represented.

Hope ya enjoy the forums.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am sure the rest of us Zuk owners would love to see some LJs to show up. I have a friend that has just bought a 1973 LJ20. He is gonna try to take it to the event if he can get the fuel system cleaned up in time. He also wheels a Samurai also.

As for the long post, Copy and pasting is my friend. :D
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Blue Ridge Runner wrote:As for the long post, Copy and pasting is my friend. :D
Well, I knew you didn't just sit down and type all that! :))):

Don't think I said welcome yet, so welcome! :D I'm not very active on the Zuwharrie board, as you're on the wrong side of the country, so I probably won't be making any of the events out there for awhile. I do have this vision of retirement (yeah, it's still aways off) when I can load a couple of LJ's on the trailer and tour the country for a few months, hitting all these events. Might need a bigger trailer though, or else I'd have to leave the Hopestar at home. :wink:
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

You don't have a hopestar do you?????
Sluggo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Sluggo »

deimos_jr wrote:You don't have a hopestar do you?????

I KNEW someone was gonna bite on that...wasn't gonna be ME :))): :))):
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
russmehl
Whats in Your Garage?
Whats in Your Garage?

Post by russmehl »

And next we will be asking about the 6 hp bolt on... and other ghosts.

Russ
This is retirement?
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

I figured it would be a joke but I'v already shown that I'm an idiot so I thought I'd ask. But since we're on the topic, does anyone know where the Hopestars are? I was thinking in like a japanys muesiam or somthin.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

there were only 50 made (as far as we can tell) and I know of a couple in museums, not sure where the other40+ are.

BTW: You're not an Idiot, you're just gullible, and thats what we like, it makes it easy to mess with your mind. hehehe :twisted:
I'd rather be driving my LJ!