Moab - April 18-23, 2021

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Moab - April 18-23, 2021

Post by stevec »

Me and a couple of buddies are doing Moab again next month. This is a trip we were planning for last year but the 'rona virus caused Moab to shut down. If anyone can join us we'll be camping in Sand Flats, probably loop A or B.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Re: Moab - April 18-23, 2021

Post by Jimny »

They actually shut it down? Damn you Rona!

I have yet to go there, I want to some day. Some day.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 am Me and a couple of buddies are doing Moab again next month. This is a trip we were planning for last year but the 'rona virus caused Moab to shut down. If anyone can join us we'll be camping in Sand Flats, probably loop A or B.
Doot, mebbe next year.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:19 pm They actually shut it down? Damn you Rona!

I have yet to go there, I want to some day. Some day.
Yeah, this time last year was that first wave, they actually closed Sand Flats and the national parks, and had a stay at home order in town, so no way to make it work (legally).
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:14 pm
stevec wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 am Me and a couple of buddies are doing Moab again next month. This is a trip we were planning for last year but the 'rona virus caused Moab to shut down. If anyone can join us we'll be camping in Sand Flats, probably loop A or B.
Doot, mebbe next year.
If you do go next year let me know. It's a decent drive out there for me (just over 1,000 miles) but I've got a 14' aluminum trailer behind my motorhome that only weighs 625#, so only about 2,000 total with the LJ10, and the motorhome gets 14-15mpg towing it (17 if I'm not towing anything and keep it below 65.) I'd also like to get up in the Ouray/Silverton area again, as it's been quite a few years since our last meet there.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Dang, that'd be fun!

Pretty tough getting out of Canada for holidays right now, never mind the fact my LJ doesn't have front fenders, a hood, or a grill at the moment. Maybe next time...
LJ80s, I can't collect them all, but I might still try...
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Rick Friesen wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:09 pm Dang, that'd be fun!

Pretty tough getting out of Canada for holidays right now, never mind the fact my LJ doesn't have front fenders, a hood, or a grill at the moment. Maybe next time...
I'll probably go again in another 2-3 years, and will post up here again when I do.

I'm signed up for a Whipsaw run in August with BC Suzuki Club (a FB group). Hope the border is open by then!