Moved from Opossum thread

Information regarding the July 15-16, 2006 Meet in the Midwest.

Moderators: stevec, Smuz, Jimny

tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

HEY! you could make it look like Jimny's 20O!
A legend in my own mind.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

tweeder wrote:HEY! you could make it look like Jimny's 20O!
That was my thought. Jimny's 20 was beat to hell, but my, oh my, could that thing WHEEL!!!
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Smuz wrote: That was my thought. Jimny's 20 was beat to hell, but my, oh my, could that thing WHEEL!!!
funny thing is that i think Wilson coulda gone anywhere Jimny did this weekend. :cool:
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

tweeder wrote:

funny thing is that i think Wilson coulda gone anywhere Jimny did this weekend. :cool:
WHAT!!?? You do know the physics of a locked rearend right? Do you think he could have made it up the hill that everyone else turned around and didn't even try? Except for Sancho and he had the rear locked but he gave up after the one try. I would have never tempted that hill if I didn't have the rear locked. NO WAY!

If you are trying to say that Wilson is a great rig, well you are right. It has everything mine has (less the dents, scrapes, etc etc) other then some welded pieces in the rearend. Now if he had the rearend welded it could have gone everyplace I did.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Jimny wrote:Do you think he could have made it up the hill that everyone else turned around and didn't even try?
D'OH! how could i fergit that one? but i still think he coulda made it up the crack with a blatent disregard for body damage.
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Oh yeah the crack has great traction because it is solid rock, thats just for wide tracks which we don't have so the only way up it in an LJ is on it's side scraping all the way. If you try and straddle it and the right side goes down it is a hell of a pinch, you have to back out of it and try again. That is the place that Ranger got a lot of his damage.

I am moving part of these posts to another section. We took over opossum's thread. Sorry Opossum.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Except for Sancho and he had the rear locked but he gave up after the one try
Now we know why, with his brakes gone out.

The funny thing was when I tried it the first time and I had to pump my brakes once but in that split second of pumping the brakes Tweeder and I was coming off that hill backward extremely fast (it was a STEEP hill) and I was looking back and all I could see was EVERYBODY running for their lives! LOL but by then I had the second pump and was stopping it before I hit the "Sancho Tree".

I think all I heard from Tweeder as we were going backward down that hill was the F word. I think he heard the brake pedal hitting the floor.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

I am moving part of these posts to another section. We took over opossum's thread. Sorry Opossum.
Good. I was starting to feel bad about the hijack.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Me too Smuz, me too.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Jimny wrote: I think all I heard from Tweeder as we were going backward down that hill was the F word. I think he heard the brake pedal hitting the floor.
yep, i'm used to doing that kind of stuff.....but with GOOD brakes!
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

GOOD brakes
I will be putting Sami brakes on Ranger ASAP.