Who all is home???

Information regarding the July 15-16, 2006 Meet in the Midwest.

Moderators: stevec, Smuz, Jimny

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Who all is home???

Post by Smuz »

Smuz is home (the first trip with the fifth wheel)

Wasp is home with Whacker

Sancho is home

Jimny is home
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Billjohn
Dreams of LJs all day
Dreams of LJs all day

Post by Billjohn »

I just made it into El Paso a cople of hours ago...

Thanks again guys for a great time!

Bill
Bill,
El Paso, TX
God forgives, Rocks don't...
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

made it in about 2:00 pm yesterday
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

tweeder wrote:made it in about 2:00 pm yesterday
:Flip:

Got home about 11:00 last night (local time - about 1:00am OK time) Had a great time! Thanks Jimny for picking me up (I was just giving you a hard time about cooking for me Sat. morning!) Smuz, thanks for letting me break Mouser, and for taking me to the airport Sunday, and thanks to everyone else who showed up and made for a great weekend!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

BTW Smuz, I don't think I told you this, but I think you and I think alike when it comes to timing. I told everyone all weekend that my flight left Tulsa at 6:00, but I knew it didn't leave until 6:45. I wanted to have a bit of a buffer in case we got delayed somehow, and when when you said you'd take me, I didn't change the "time". Then when I heard how far you had to drive after dropping me off, I was more than happy to wait at the airport an extra hour. So Smuz dropped me off at about 3:30, and I printed my boarding passes and prepared to wait. At least my flight wasn't delayed, because I had only an hour layover at Dallas/Fort Worth.

Just before 5:00pm, I got paged to go to my gate. I got there, and they told my flight was now delayed (and I would miss the connection in DFW), but that they had room to fit me on an earlier flight, that was getting ready to leave at that time. So I got on, and got to DFW by 6:30pm. When I got to DFW, I found an earlier flight to Seattle that left DFW at 7:50 instead of 9:00pm, so I got on the standby list. I was 10th on the list (out of 35 people), and they called exactly 10 names, so I got on, and got to Seattle at 9:50pm instead of 11:00. Good thing, because it was still 11:00 by the time I actually got home!

Now that I've heard Jimny's mother is fine, I can definitely say it all worked out for the best! :D
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

It is funny how things work out. Since I didn't take Steve to the airport I was able to make it home but just in time, because my slave cylinder for my clutch went out on me and the last few miles I was able to pump it up to work but when I got real close to my home it wouldn't pump up anymore an I had to float the gears to be able to shift.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny wrote:...because my slave cylinder for my clutch went out on me and the last few miles I was able to pump it up to work but when I got real close to my home it wouldn't pump up anymore an I had to float the gears to be able to shift.
:ohno:
Now I'm REALLY glad Smuz took me to the airport!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Yeah, it wuz only 122 miles round trip. No prob.

BTW: I'm home from the second trip with the zukes. No probs.

Well, mebbe one prob. On the way home with the fifth wheel, I said to myself "Ya know, the Xena-pig has 70,000 miles on her, I prolly oughta check out the brakes". Well, on the way home today with the Zukes, the right front brake started grinding. Now I guess I don't gotta check the brakes.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Well if that's all the problems you had with all the miles, and all the back and forth you did, then your doing good. :cool:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

And just guess where I'm scheduled to work Wed & Thur.

JOPLIN!!!

Right back down that same freaking hiway, sheesh!
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I will have you a radiator in Joplin by Wednesday night.