Smuz's logistics.

Information regarding the July 15-16, 2006 Meet in the Midwest.

Moderators: stevec, Smuz, Jimny

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

YEOOOWCHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice just showed up with the new tag for the fifth wheel. Seems we hadn't paid tax on it since 2003 either.

$406.63

And they didn't even charge any penalties. What sweethearts.

I think I gotta go lay down......
:Crying:
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote:How much does it cost to reg. a trailer there? When I did mine, it was $18.75/yr.
For the fifth wheel, it is $116.00 per year tax (w/ NO depreciation) and $25.00 for tags.

I don't have any of my other trailers registered. In Kansas, anything 2,000 pounds or less don't need a tag.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote:For the fifth wheel, it is $116.00 per year tax (w/ NO depreciation) and $25.00 for tags.
Tax? Why you gotta still pay tax? Is it some sort of "transportation excise tax" to pay for new roads?

Up here, it used to be really expensive to reg. a vehicle. We had a '98 Expedition, and the first time I renewed the tabs it was over $900! My buddy had to buy me a few pints that afternoon! A lot of people with motorhomes never registered them permanently - they just bought a bunch of 3-day trip permits at $25 ea. and slapped one on whenever they wanted to take it out. Also a lot of people would register their vehicles at a P.O. Box in Oregon, where it was $20 for two years.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Tax? Why you gotta still pay tax? Is it some sort of "transportation excise tax" to pay for new roads?
Personal property tax

BTW: I checked the AC on the trailer. Ran for a few minutes and popped the breaker. Checked the amps and it's drawing a steady 17 amps thru a 20 amp breaker. Weak breaker, methinks. One more thing to fix today.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE BREAKER SMUZ!

Last time I checked the weather forecast, they said 96* Saturday and 100* Sunday. We got a little rain (drizzle actually) here now, which feels nice (temps in the upper 60's, supposed to be 71* today and clearing)
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Weak breaker, methinks.
Methinks wrong! I finally caught the thing acting up. It's a bad condensor fan motor. I dunno if I kin get that fixed today or not.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

stevec wrote:(temps in the upper 60's, supposed to be 71* today and clearing)
shaddup.
A legend in my own mind.
Meatloaf
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Meatloaf »

Although I can't make it to the Midwest Meet, I might begin to feel like I'm there.
The weather forecast for my area this weekend is calling for temps around 32C (90F) with humidex around 40C (104F).
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

The trailer just gets better and better.

1. broken fitting on the water line. Flooded the floor.
2. fantastic fan stripped its little gears.

I shoulda started checking this thing out 2 months ago.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

lemme know if there's any parts you need for that camper. cause thats what i do.
A legend in my own mind.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

tweeder wrote:lemme know if there's any parts you need for that camper. cause thats what i do.
1. water line's almost fixed.
2. stupid gear motor removed and 1/4" socket and ratchet open and close. Good to go.

Next thing after the water l9ine is to climb up on top, rip off the fan motor and see if Grainger has one in stock.

GAWD, it's hot.

Thanks Tweeder, I'll letcha know.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Gee. Got the water line fixed just to find out that the hot water heater is leaking like a sieve. Looks like the RV dealer that I paid to winterize the camper just took my money and didn't do anything.

I've done passed being pissed off and now I'm in deep depression.

If this freaking trailer will even pull down there, it WON'T have AC and it MAY not have water.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Checked out the water heater and it's split wide open like a dropped watermelon. Gonna try to isolate it. Need to go to the store for 1/2" pipe caps.

Then we'll see if anything ELSE is broke.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny, still got that spare tent? :wink:

I sincerely doubt we'll need hot water for anything; if we do we can just set a pot outside for awhile! :D

The A/C would be nice to have, esp. with the humidity. If Tweeder can get the parts, I'll help ya fix it if I can. I'll even chip in a little $$ for the parts, since you're letting me stay in it. If it can't be fixed, we'll just be hot. I grew up in central California, so 100+ isn't that foreign to me.

And I don't care what you say about it being a "dry heat", when it's 100*, it's just hot!!!
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

git me sum info on your water heater and whatever else is boogered up. the sooner, the better. we'll toss the parts in the truck and deliver em to the meet.
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I will have an extra tent and air mattress if anyone will need it.

I am OUT OF HERE!!! I'm going to take a shower then I will be out of here. I will stop in to check messages again befor I leave, incase someone needs something

BTW: BRING YOUR SWIMMING GEAR! We will be swimming at the swimming hole! A LOT! :wink:
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny wrote:BTW: BRING YOUR SWIMMING GEAR! We will be swimming at the swimming hole! A LOT! :wink:
Oh good, I can show off my blinding white "NW tanned" belly! Better bring your sunglasses too! :P
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

how deep's the swimmin hole?
A legend in my own mind.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Steve I KNOW you can't be any whiter then I am! I have a GREAT truckers tan. :wink:

The hole isn't too deep but it is nice cool water! I hope they have the water flowing, might not since we haven't had that much rain. :shock: But let's hope!

I'm officially outta here, I'll see everyone this weekend!
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Sancho and Whacker are on their way home, firmly settled on their trailers, ready to travel to the meet tomorry.

Here's Sancho
Attachments
P1010001.jpg
P1010001.jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 31009 times
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

right now I'm sitting in the computer room waiting for my supper to settle and the outside heat to dissipate sumwhat.

Then I gotta:
1. finish the water system
2. air up the tires
3. hook Xena up to the trailer
4. throw in alla the crap I fergot until the last minute.

I oughta be to bed by 12 - 1 am.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Just talked to Jimny. He is there and setting up camp. BillJohn is there also.

He said to tell everybody that there isn't a sign for Hogan's on the road anymore. If you are crossing the dam with the lake on your LEFT, then turn right at the first paved road by the fire station at the end of the dam.

If you are crossing the dam with the lake on your RIGHT, then ya done missed it and ya gotta turn around and follow the directions above.

Hey, thass wot he said...... I'm juss the messenger.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Well, I'm ready. Leaving out in the am.

Gawd wotta grind.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got an email from JEGS. They've shipped Mouser's radiator fan. It will be here MONDAY!!!!

Ain't that just special?
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Steve, wot the hell are you doing up? You gotta be onna plane in 3 hours.