Remember this?

Information regarding the June 24-25, 2006 Meet in Washington State

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Remember this?

Post by stevec »

No, this isn't a long lost picture from the 2006 LJ meet, but it is the same spot where I plugged the exhaust on that trip. I did the same thing on Saturday, the mud is deeper than ever. I was able to winch out, and rev the engine to push the mud out while my friends were getting through.

Everyone had trouble with it this year, including our token Jeep, on 40" tires, locked front and rear. It also appears that more and more people are being irresponsible, and cutting through the meadow to avoid the mudhole. I forsee that in a few years, the whole meadow will become a mudhole, and the trail will be closed, so we're going to talk to the FS about bringing in some gravel to fill it in.
Attachments
4W334 mudhole.jpg
4W334 mudhole.jpg (5.32 KiB) Viewed 19203 times
4w334 mudhole2.jpg
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: Remember this?

Post by stevec »

Another picture, from the top of the trail. As you can see, there's still a decent amount of snow up there! In one spot just before where this was taken, it was still chest deep!
Attachments
4W334 top.jpg
4W334 top.jpg (4.88 KiB) Viewed 19203 times
krazy larry
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by krazy larry »

wow that look's deep. we still got some snow up here but only in sheltered spots. wife planted her garden last weekend. hope we dont get any more frost.
wheel wrench repeat!!!!!!!!
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

can't reasonably judge depth......cause the pic is so TINY
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Yeah, someone in our group took them on her phone, so they're avatar sized. Let's just say that mud was oozing in over the door sills, and in through the drain holes.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Looks like good fun!
LJ80s, I can't collect them all, but I might still try...
zukimoo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by zukimoo »

looks like tons of fun and we've got the same problem down here with people making the trails very wide.

This spring over 50 trucks show up on a back coutry farmers field and tear up the whole field...ruts over 12" deep in places. They started giving out fines for anyone one logging roads and it's caused some problems. This is why I don't go out with groups in the spring.

It'll only get worst and like over hunting the same people will curse without knowing they are cursing at themselves.
81 LJ80, 3500lbs winch, 1.0 HO, 1000cc's of pure power....brap...listen to her go

Mods 2 come
-Lockrite in the back, -spring over done right and complete,-cross over steering,-seats,-6000lbs +- winch on front,-3500lbs winch ,moved to back,-highlift jack
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

We went through that trail again this year on Memorial Day weekend. It was drier this year, but the meadow had really been torn up. We also talked to the FS just after finishing the trail - they agreed that it needed work, and were trying to get the funds/volunteers to get some rock in there. Not sure if it'll happen this year, but they are trying to get it done.