Date, Location of PNW Meet

Information regarding the June 24-25, 2006 Meet in Washington State

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

deimos_jr wrote:Jeff Shiek is coming?
Last I heard he was (assuming he gets his 20 going!)
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

:cool: Him and Steve I. were doing some work on it but I'm not sure if they got it working. I hope he can make it with his wife and kid but he might be too busy. We should ask him to try and get ARB air lockers for ljs! :))): :))): :))): :))): :))): :))): :))): :))): ......I'll just keep on dreaming.
'92 sidekick: 16v 5 speed 4 door. '72 lj20: frame and tub..
zukidriver
Dreams of LJs all day
Dreams of LJs all day

jeff

Post by zukidriver »

I am most likely going still. I have been working on it. I will try and bleed the breaks this weekend. I also need to drain and refill the radiator. I may try and drive it around the neighborhood a little just to see how it's doing. I need to replace the transfer case mounts that Steve is getting me and get the exhaust sealed up. Once that is done I will also look and see if I either need a new battery or if I'm charging at all. Charge light stays on. I also need to figure out what I will be doing for a permanent solution for a fuel pump. Electric works for now.
If at first you don't suceed, try try... to find somebody else to do it for you.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Right now, we're at about 15 rigs and 30 people that have told me they are definitely coming, but there are a lot of "maybe"s: If they all show up, we'll have close to 30 rigs and 50 people there!

I'll be sending out emails and PM's soon to everyone who has expressed an interest, so I can get a better idea of a head/rig count. BTW Smuz, I only put you down for one rig, but I still would like to see both Mouser and Wilson there! :wink:

I'll be over there with my Suzuki club (Wazuks) over Memorial Day, and if the weather is decent I'll take the LJ10 to pre-run some trails. Depending on the number and condition of the rigs that show up, we may want to split into two groups, with "less difficult" and "more difficult" trails.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Oh yeah, Jeff, I moved you to the "definitely gonna be there" list! :wink:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

BTW Smuz, I only put you down for one rig, but I still would like to see both Mouser and Wilson there!
Dunno Yet. With the price of gas and the way the police are cracking down on trailers pulling trailers, I may just bring both and stay inna motel. Let ya know fer shore in 2 weeks.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

If ya need a driver, I'd be glad to drive one!
I drive the sami around the yard all the time!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote:Dunno Yet. With the price of gas and the way the police are cracking down on trailers pulling trailers, I may just bring both and stay inna motel. Let ya know fer shore in 2 weeks.
http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/c ... hotels.htm

I'll take care of Mouser for you while you're sleeping! :twisted:
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

Yes, Yes yes :twisted:

We could sell it on the internet
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Sell it my a$$! We're going up Camera Hill in it! :P
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

Thats an option I suppose...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Sell it my a$$! We're going up Camera Hill in it!
Not unless I get the axles welded back together, you ain't!!! Unless he could make it in 2wd.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

Post by Idahopaul »

Smuz,
Referring back to the possible motel stay... Won't Alice let you stay in the tent again??? Can't wait to see everyone and all the LJ's again. I know we've been stuck up and not on the forums but we are still here and still coming!
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Smuz,
Referring back to the possible motel stay... Won't Alice let you stay in the tent again???
Alice suggested we stay inna tent agin. I'M the one that don't wanna. At least not one that small agin.

It's under consideration. Especially after the discussion about wot they could do with Mouser whilst I'm gone. Buncha degenerates!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Wuss!!!!!!!

Don't worry, we'll take REAL good care of Mouser... :twisted:

We're heading over this weekend, but I may leave the 10 at home, as it's supposed to be showers everyday, incl. T-storms. Got a new top for the Samurai, and finished rebuilding the rearend last weekend, so I may just take it. Linda gets a little scared driving some of the trails, and if it's wet, she probably won't want to drive at all anyway. I think Jeff (zukidriver) is bringing his 20 though, so I'll have a decent idea of how it'll do on wet trails.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Don't worry, we'll take REAL good care of Mouser... Twisted Evil
Oh no you won't....

:Flip:
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Well, I'm off to run the trails at Liberty this weekend with my local club. It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I'm just taking my Samurai, but will check out trails with the LJ meet in mind...

Hope y'all have a good Memorial Day weekend! Is Victoria Day (Canada) this weekend too, or was it last weekend?
Suzy
Tim Horton's MVP
Tim Horton's MVP

Post by Suzy »

Victoria day last weekend, Swiftsure weekend this week, but only two days. Where are you planning to go on the Island when you come up ?

John
RokonBob
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by RokonBob »

I am still planning on stopping by at the meet on Saturday...if I can get the battery charging problem fixed :pissed:
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Suzy wrote:Where are you planning to go on the Island when you come up ?

John

We're going to blast up the East coast to Port McNeill, then take our time coming back down. Camping on the water/beach as much as possible.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Back on topic, there was lots of mud at Liberty Saturday, but it stopped Sunday, and things dried out pretty good by Monday. Got a pretty good idea of what trails to run, and have a few suggestions for the modified rigs who don't mind body damage.

Hope to have a link to pics soon, but a fire extinguisher (B, C rated minimum) is required equipment! You can pick them up most auto parts or hardware stores for about $10.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Need a bit more directions and location info. I'll be headed for Washington, but it's a pretty big place. May need to narrow it down some.

Looks like me, Alice, Xena, Mouser, and Wilson. And another stupid tent.

May have to set up at a corner and beg for gas money enroute.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

BTW: Mouser won't be able to wheel much unless I get the front shackles done. And he sits funny with the YJ springs on the front and stock on the back.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Since you're coming from the east, you'll end up on I-90 sooner or later. Around exit 110 is the town of Ellensburg. Look for US Hwy 97 North (Exit 106 I believe), and take it. Go about 16 miles to the Liberty Road turnoff on the right. I believe it is around milepost 156, but I can't remember for sure. You'll see the Liberty Cafe on the left, and then a big sandpile on the right (used to sand the roads in winter). Then you'll come to a big sweeping turn to the right, and you'll see the wooden Wenatchee Nat'l Forest sign in front of you. There's a little tiny "Liberty Rd." sign that is easy to miss, but the turnoff is near the end of this big sweeping turn. It's easy to miss if you're doing 60+, as it really sneaks up on you, but I will put a sign out on the highway about 1/4 mile from the turnoff. If you see the WNF sign, START SLOWING DOWN and put on your turn signal!!

If you're coming from the North, the turnoff would be on the left, just past Mineral Springs and Swauk Campgrounds.

Once on Liberty Road, drive one mile, then turn right on Pine Gulch road (a dirt road). Go down the hill, across the creek, and then where the road turns left take the little spur road to the right. We'll be camping back in there, hopefully in the trees. I'll put signs out Friday morning at the turn points. The CG is both sides of the creek, but the better group sites are on the far side.

I don't expect many other groups that weekend, so we should have plenty of room. (Over Memorial Day weekend, many other areas were still snowed in, so there were over 500 people at the campground!) I also think there was a Honey Bucket (porta potty) in the trees, for those who are tenting. It wasn't the "super deluxe" one they had last year though, that had a sink with water and soap, and enough room to park an LJ! I'll try to get us space fairly close to it, without having people camped right next to it!

Do bring water with you. Due to the many mines in the area, the creek water is not suitable for drinking, and there is no running water at all in the campground. Also, there are no garbage cans, so please bring bags, and pack out your trash. This is a free camping area on BLM land, but there are also active mining claims in the area, including at least one within the campground. Please respect the area, as these people do have the ability to have the campground closed.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Don't worry smuz, all of the trails we'll be on are suitable for a stock LJ. The only place anyone might have difficulty is "rear end hill", but I've taken my LJ10 up it without problem, and a stock Samurai made it up on Memorial Day.

It might rain up there a bit next Tuesday, but then it'll be dry the rest of the week, which means it'll be just about perfect up there. It dries out quickly, so we shouldn't have any mud to worry about, but it shouldn't be too dusty! :D