Brake adjustment

Little tricks and some things you shouldn't do for your L Series Suzuki

Moderator: stevec

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Brake adjustment

Post by Smuz »

Keep your brakes adjusted. If they get too sloppy, the wheel cylinder piston will actually come completely OUT of the wheel cylinder. Then, when the brakes retract, it will prolly try to go back in crooked and can easily damage your wheel cylinder so badly that it's useless.

Also when the piston comes out, your brakes go completely away, you're gonna run into a tree, the steering wheel gonna break yer nose, yer wife/girlfriend won'r sleep wit ya anymore 'cause yer ugly, and that's gonna be ungood. Juss ask Jimny or Russ if'n ya don't believe me!

So keep yer brakes adjusted.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
russmehl
Whats in Your Garage?
Whats in Your Garage?

Post by russmehl »

Ain't never hit a tree (that couldn't hit back)
Don't forget to keep the parking / emergency brake reflexes tuned up. Yanking that lever up could save your grill!
Russ
(Just don't ask about the LeMans I hit..... :cry: :cry: :cry: )
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Just don't ask about the LeMans I hit
Ok, I won't. I'll juss sit here and stew in my own curiosity.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

A very interesting discussion on disk brakes has been split from here and placed in "Projects-->Disk brakes for LJ's".