The first 10 mins of ownership

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

Fity
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

The first 10 mins of ownership

Post by Fity »

After picking up the LJ50 on a car trailer I stopped at the nearest servo to put some air in the bar treads as they were flat and I didn't like the idea of having to push it up my driveway as the motor was not going with flat tyres.

I parked and proceeded to pump the tyres and within 30 secs a guy came from nowhere and started to chat with me about the LJ50 wanting to know all about it, what it went like and what I was going to do with it. 2 mins later another guy came from nowhere and joined in on the conversation. After about 10 mins of discussion the final question was how long have you had it. I replied about 10 mins. :lol: They both laughed and one said we better leave you enjoy your new toy. :-) I thought I had better make a run for it or I'll make it home. I was warned by the previous owner about how many looks and comments I will receive while driving the LJ50, but I didn't expect it so soon. :-)
36 and still smoking..........not me, the LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Yup, I think we've all been there. I actually had a guy flip a u-turn and almost cause an accident near where I live. Didn't know what he was doing until I pulled into a parking lot and he followed me. Think his wife was a bit pissed off at him too!

I don't think I've ever had it out without someone asking about it, or wanting to buy it, so get used to it! :D
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
crispy
Speeling Police
Speeling Police

Post by crispy »

Yeah you get used to everyone looking and talking about your car after a while.
I dont think that i have any bad remarks about mine, except my tafe lecturer said that they are horrible little cars that use heaps of fuel, i was offended...lol