picked up a scrap LJ for parts the other day...

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

zukimoo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

picked up a scrap LJ for parts the other day...

Post by zukimoo »

A guy came into the karting shop the other day and was looking for a kart seat. He told me that he had a zuke t-case to trade. He came in the next day with the case and as soon as I saw the drive shaft sticking out of the bag, I knew it was LJ.

So the case was good and is now bolted in my 413k project (pics to come) and he told me that there was parts left. We drove up the other day and there was some parts left but not much.

LJ STORY:

About 12 years ago the LJ was parked behind the owners cottage on the Miramichi river when there was an ice jam that flooded a huge area and took the cottage, shed and the LJ down the river along with many more properties. In the spring one of the local went down to the river and hooked up a winch and pulled the little LJ from the other side of the river. A couple of days later the LJ was started again and did the rest of it's life as a type of farm tractor.

A couple of years ago they took the motor off because the body was almost completely gone and it was installed on a wood splitter which broke down about 6 months ago.

I drove all the way down there hoping that there was at least one seat belt latch and it turned out that the one I had to replace was there. The front of the frame is still shinny and all there but the back is totally gone and rusted.

If our vehicles could talk, they could tell some stories......
81 LJ80, 3500lbs winch, 1.0 HO, 1000cc's of pure power....brap...listen to her go

Mods 2 come
-Lockrite in the back, -spring over done right and complete,-cross over steering,-seats,-6000lbs +- winch on front,-3500lbs winch ,moved to back,-highlift jack
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I've seen a lot of Model T engines used for log splitters, irrigation pumps, power generators etc. but I haven't heard of an LJ engine being used for anything else till now. COOL! :cool:
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
zukimoo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

re:

Post by zukimoo »

they had mounted a long bar on the clutch lever and had some really funky piping for the exhaust....pics to come soon.
81 LJ80, 3500lbs winch, 1.0 HO, 1000cc's of pure power....brap...listen to her go

Mods 2 come
-Lockrite in the back, -spring over done right and complete,-cross over steering,-seats,-6000lbs +- winch on front,-3500lbs winch ,moved to back,-highlift jack
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny wrote:I've seen a lot of Model T engines used for log splitters, irrigation pumps, power generators etc. but I haven't heard of an LJ engine being used for anything else till now. COOL! :cool:
There's a guy in Oregon using an LJ10 engine for a logsplitter. Haven't seen pictures of it, but I sold him some tune up parts a year or so ago.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude