Found an LJ10 at the Phoenix Zoo

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

McKFam
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Found an LJ10 at the Phoenix Zoo

Post by McKFam »

Hello all, Yes I am still alive and still have my LJ10 and drive it around now and then. Just busy with life as we have taken in some more foster kids and work is very busy (good thing right?) Medically I doing great just one eye short now but hey beats the alternative.

I went with my youngest daughter yesterday to the Phoenix Zoo with her 1st grade class. 1st of all it was noisy on the bus and 2nd at 6'4" I do not fit in those school bus seats. And it was HOT. Going to be over 100 this weekend.

Anyway as we were going down a path to see some animals (bears) there off to the side was a little jeep buried up to the middle of the tires in the dirt. I looked at it and noticed it had a RHD steering wheel. I took a closer look and to my disbelief it was an LJ. It had been modified some as it looked like someone had almost armor plated it. Maybe it was the drab paint. Also the guages were not original and the steering wheel was not original as well. So I went to the front and it had the same grill as mine. I tried to open the hood but it was welded shut on the latches on each side. Wanted to get a serial number. I looked into the grill and there was no motor or drive train. They let kids get in and pretend they are driving the jeep. Surprising it was pretty much rust free. Had the tailgate and all parts. It was really strange. I wish I had taken a picture but I was under the influence of several 1st grades that wanted to move on to see animals while I was looking at the LJ. Go figure.

Anyway wanted to say hello and just let you know that you never know when you may run into an LJ. The Zoo guy that just happened to be there had no clue what it was or had any info.

I will try to get on more often but I am not going to promise anything. Have fun on your summer get together. I am getting a trailer so make it clser to me next year and I will try to come

Take Care

McKFam
No Other Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: Found an LJ10 at the Phoenix Zoo

Post by stevec »

100*??? But it's only April! We just hit 70* for the first time this year over the weekend!

I'd love to do a meet in AZ (especially the northern part, where it is cooler! :wink: )
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

stevec wrote:100*??? But it's only April! We just hit 70* for the first time this year over the weekend!
Maybe there is something to global warming, the forecast has us down for 102° (F) for this Wednesday. Looks like it's going to be a hot one this summer! :shock:
stevec wrote:I'd love to do a meet in AZ (especially the northern part, where it is cooler! :wink: )
I don't know about the northern end of Arizona, but I know all the good spots to wheel in southeastern AZ. Maybe sometime I can host a Meet centered on Tucson. I can promise everything from mild to wild (for an LJ, of course). Unfortunately, that'd be quite a trip for most of the people on this list :-(
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
McKFam
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by McKFam »

Offically it hit 105 last Sunday but the offical for Mesa was 109. (in April)

hit 80 today as we had clouds & some wet stuff from the sky. What is that again? Much better. TOO HOT FOR ME

I agree wth a Northern AZ meet. Maybe up by the Grand Canyon. So pretty places. That is much closer that Tucson.

To quote a famous person. "Come on Down!"
No Other Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home