Kelowna

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

grantwt
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Re: Kelowna

Post by grantwt »

I'm just glad Rick's will be there. I don't know about woodchopper's, but I know if you took a look at either Tyrel's or mine you might get a wrong impression on 81's. Not saying mine is radical, but it's definitely not stock!
Rich-lj
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rich-lj »

We will be leaving for Canada early Friday morning, so can you post up a meeting place (that I will be able to find) and a time before then, because I'm not sure I'll get chance to get on here after Thrusday. Maybe someone wouldn't mind giving me thier number incase I need to contact you for whatever reason.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

I'll try and call Al this week and see if we can set up a time and place for you to meet us on Sunday morning, and for everyone else I'll try and get Saturday's time line figured out too.

Rick
LJ80s, I can't collect them all, but I might still try...
Pidder
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Pidder »

For Rich and anyone else from out of town. If you need a local number mine is 250-765-4351.Cell is 250-801-4351. I am doing the sunday run for sure, and possibly the saturday one depending on the details as I have a previous engagement. If anyone needs a place to do quick repairs I have a fairly well equipped shop etc. As my lj doesn't run at the moment, I will be running one of my samurai if that's ok with everyone. Norm
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Pidder wrote:As my lj doesn't run at the moment, I will be running one of my samurai if that's ok with everyone. Norm
Mine is not running right now either, and I don't have a samurai as a backup. :pissed: Just got home from working on it and I'm about ready to drive it off a cliff.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Ruby wrote:
Pidder wrote:As my lj doesn't run at the moment, I will be running one of my samurai if that's ok with everyone. Norm
Mine is not running right now either, and I don't have a samurai as a backup. :pissed: Just got home from working on it and I'm about ready to drive it off a cliff.
Norm, we should get together before the meet, I'd like to see your LJ now that I'm living in Kelowna.

What's going on with your Lj Aaron? I've been working like crazy to get all the bugs out of the LJ81, I still have a few to go.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

I haven't figured out yet if it's a fuel issue or weak spark issue. Very hard to start, barely ran, then dies. Plugs are wet, spark seems weak. I ran out of daylight and had to quit, for now. It was running very rich before, I thought maybe clogged jet or a problem with the choke. I did have a problem a while back when the white wire going to the positive battery post broke, then it had no power but it would run. I fixed the wire then it ran great. I checked that again, seemed fine.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Ruby wrote:I haven't figured out yet if it's a fuel issue or weak spark issue. Very hard to start, barely ran, then dies. Plugs are wet, spark seems weak. I ran out of daylight and had to quit, for now. It was running very rich before, I thought maybe clogged jet or a problem with the choke. I did have a problem a while back when the white wire going to the positive battery post broke, then it had no power but it would run. I fixed the wire then it ran great. I checked that again, seemed fine.
Does that one still have the points system in it? They tend to corrode when a vehicle sits around for a while. Could be as simple as a bad ground too though. I hope you can get it figured out!
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

No, I swapped in a samurai distributor. I'll be checking grounds for sure.
Rich-lj
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rich-lj »

I have similar issues with mine, I put in a 413 electronic dizzy and coil and that sorted it. Turns out the coil was the issue and it caused all kinds of other problems too.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Rich, calling Norm when you're here will probably be the best idea. I haven't talked to Al yet as I've been really busy. I'm pretty sure he's gone now until after the weekend too. I only have my wife's cell phone right now, 250-863-2853. You or anyone else can try calling me on it if needed but I'll only be available on evenings and weekends on it.

I doubt we'll be starting too early on Saturday as people need time to get here. I'll see if we can get rolling after lunch and possibly arrange a meeting point later in the day for those who can't make it until then.

Rick
grantwt
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by grantwt »

It would be nice if we could firm up a meeting place and a time. I would say that 10:00 would give us a reasonable amount of time for wheeling before we do dinner and set up camp, but I'm easy. Place is something that Al would know better than the rest of us I'm sure. Also,are we doing a big group meal,or are all meals fend for yourself?
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Wait a minute - this meet is next weekend! :shock:

I'm gonna have to bow out, I don't have the exhaust back together on the LJ81 yet, and I spent last weekend working on the camper and yard. Have fun, and take lots of pictures!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Rich-lj
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rich-lj »

I can't wait, loving Kelowna, the hot weather and scenary. Took a trip up Knox mountain/park today, breathtaking! Can't wait until we finally get our visas to move out here for good :beer:
Tyrel
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tyrel »

I wish I could make it but i have to go to a friends wedding to go to. Have fun guys and take lots of pictures :beer: :beer:
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Ok I just want to double check who wants to camp on Saturday night. Al is good with pretty much anything but I need to call him tomorrow and let him know who can come when and decide our time line.
So if Tyrel and Steve can't make it, that leaves us with Colin (far as I know anyway), Grant and his Dad, myself and maybe Aaron if he gets his rig going for Saturday. Norm will most likely join us on Sunday unless he can join up later on Saturday.
Could be a very small group if anyone else has to drop out, I'm not sure if it's worth doing if we only have three rigs show up on Saturday. If more can come on Sunday, would it be better just to go out early Sunday until the afternoon so people can still make it home?
Let me know, I'd just feel bad for taking up Al's time if only a couple rigs show up.

Rick
tattoo
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by tattoo »

Dam ! This computer thing takes some remembering :hammer:
I'm still in for Saturday and early Sunday - I have to be back in town ( Vancity ) for Sunday night .
By the way I mistakenly listed as an LJ81, sorry to disapoint but its an LJ80 - you know the one with no top no doors and the windshield folds down - practically naked :moon: Not the best at this time of year but I've put her to good use through the summer though :beer:
grantwt
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by grantwt »

We'll be there. Both days, whatever you schedule.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

I will be there both days with a buddy in either my LJ or his that he just bought (the nice blue tintop). Been working on mine every evening, haven't tracked down the problem yet.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Ok guys, thanks for getting back to me so promptly!

Aaron, you were mentioning that you wouldn't be able to make it until later in the day on Saturday, I'm not sure if we'll be able to set up a meeting point in the late afternoon or not, so you might only get the end meeting point for camping. I'll see what I can do though.
Maybe Norm can pick up Rich on Sunday morning and bring him out when he comes???

Should be fun, I've been looking forward to this!
Pidder
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Pidder »

Hey Rick, I need a definite start time and meeting place for Saturday and Sunday. Going to try to make both days, but need the details. If Rich needs a ride have him get a hold of me. Norm
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

Sounds like it'd be easiest if we just fend for ourselves with food.

So we'll try and meet at Al's place, 1191 Hartman RD. its in rutland, Hwy 97 to Leathhead (next lights after Hwy 33 turn off). right on Leathhead through two lights to stop sign. turn left to next stop sign. turn right up hill to stop sign. through to second house on right - he'll have his Jeep out front.

For anyone coming later in the day Saturday, it sounds like we'll be at James Lake by around 3:00, so I'll post up directions on the direct rout there tomorrow when Al gets them to me.

Al is going to go home for the night, that way he can meet people Sunday morning at his place before ten. The group will come down to meet there Sunday morning too. However, the quick way down means driving on the HWY for a while. So he was wondering if Grant's truck and trailer could be driven to the bottom of the trail by whomever to pick up whichever uninsured rig they bring?? (Maybe Norm could?)
We should be done by the afternoon sometime, people should be able to get back to Vancouver easily yet on Sunday.
Pidder
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Pidder »

What time are you meeting at Al's on Saturday morning? And won't they have to leave their truck and trailer at the bottom when they unload their rig to go up?
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Rick Friesen »

If you don't want to take all day to get back out, we have to exit the trails at a different place from where we go in. Thus the trailer would be at the wrong place.

Oh yeah, if we could meet Saturday by 10:00 AM, that would work for that time line.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Got my LJ running tonight (bad connection at the fuse box). I can't leave Kamloops until 1:30 on Saturday. My rig has to be trailered too.