Date and Location

Information regarding the June 24-25, 2006 Meet in Washington State

Moderator: stevec

Where do you want to have the 2006 meet?

Pacific Northwest
41%
Southwest
4%
Midwest
41%
East Coast
15%

Total votes: 27
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Date and Location

Post by stevec »

As we see pics and video start trickling in from the meet, it's time to start planning for next year's meet! (After all, I did put "1st Annual" on the plaques!)

Please vote on what part of the country you would like to see the meet held, and tell us if you know of a specific place where it could be held. The event should be held in a place that can accomodate a decent sized group, and have roads/trails that are suitable for a stock SUV, so any Carry's can drive it (or at least most of it) too. It should be a place that is fairly easy to find on a map, so that people won't get lost trying to find it. Great scenery or history is a definite plus too! I'm thinking about roughly the same time of year, but at this point we can be flexible. I'm partial to the northern states, to make it easier for the Canadians to join us, but I want to be flexible at this stage. If there is a specific date we should avoid, or a specific time when we should go to a certain area, please include it in your post.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

BTW, I voted for Pacific Northwest, because I know there are quite a few LJ owners in CA, OR, WA, ID, and BC, and I know of a few places around here we could hold a meet. I know that about half of the rigs at this year's meet came from WA, ID, and CA, and a lot of LJ80 owners in BC asked about having one closer. Also, I promised Linda a tropical vacation next year, so we may try and do two one-week trips: like a cruise for one week and camping/LJ meet for another week.

I realize that one difficult part of having a meet on one end of the country is that if you live on the other end, it's very difficult to make it. That's what this thread is for: to get those who are interested in attending to let us know where they are coming from, so we can plan accordingly.
Last edited by stevec on Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Easy vote for me!! Seeing the pics from your trip makes me want to get busy, so I have one year (ish) to be done. I'll think about details some more.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Ruby wrote:Seeing the pics from your trip makes me want to get busy, so I have one year (ish) to be done.
Better get going! :whip:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

I voted for the pacific northwest because that's where most of the LJ owners are. I dunno if I kin make it that far.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

umm....i votes for Midwest: specifically Hot Springs, AR. i think i can even arrange some rides for hardcore crawling if y'all so desire. :cool:

(don't think y'all wanna beat the hell out of the LJs on trails like Gorge, Can Opener, Slammer, Winch Hill, Dozer, Rock and a Hard Spot, etc.)

oh yeah, we gots scenic stuff, too :cool:
A legend in my own mind.
jock
Datto on the ground
Datto on the ground

Post by jock »

Can you go somewhere warm?
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

jock wrote:Can you go somewhere warm?
The Southern Interior of British Columbia. Even though we're in Canada, where supposedly we all live in igloos, it's a semi-desert around here where I live (pushes 40 degrees C). Then, in not much time, you could be in the Alpine. Long ways to go for most of you though.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Alright, who's pluggin' the votes? I see 8 votes for "midwest". but tweeder is the only one with a response...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Since we got such a diverse location base, mebbe we could have kinda regional meets too. Like one in Wa. and one in Ar.

Juss a thot.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Smuz wrote:Since we got such a diverse location base, mebbe we could have kinda regional meets too. Like one in Wa. and one in Ar.

Juss a thot.
Good idea, I agree.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Yeah, I been thinking about it since the Co. meet. We're about equally devided between East and West of the Rocky mountains. Seemed to make sense to my feeble brain.
KDKG
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by KDKG »

Feeble mind? Right, there's a word that describes you. :))): I think the choice of two different places is a good idea. Then people could decide on which location would work best for them and how far they want to travel. Still haven't decided which way to vote yet though. Was thinking about the midwest and Disney, Oklahoma. But got to wait for the other half to weigh in on that.
Home, Retired, and looking like a hippie.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Feeble mind? Right, there's a word that describes you. ROTFL
huh? Yeah, i thot it pretty well did.

Yeah, Disney, Ok. sounds really good. So does Hot Springs, Ar. What are they, 4 hours apart? I've been to Disney and it's AWESOME! I've never been to Hot Springs, mebbe I kin check it out this summer. Or Jimny can. How about it, Jimny, you awake?????
golddigger
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by golddigger »

I voted for the midwest also. Needless to say I'm partial to the Black Hills of Dakota. Alot of historical sites to see around here and trails up the yin yang. Regional meets is a great idea. Pacific Northwest would be good, I've never been in that neck of the woods. Canada sounds great also. My 2 cents...
Well, its against my principles, but its a deal
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Smuz wrote:Since we got such a diverse location base, mebbe we could have kinda regional meets too. Like one in Wa. and one in Ar.

Juss a thot.
DAMN fine idea! :cool:

Jimny, if ya give me a holler a couple weeks before yer scouting run to Hot Springs, i'll see if'n i can't put something together to really show off all aspects of the park!
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Yeah, I thought about that too, but thought I'd see where everyone wanted to go first. Sounds like midwest and northwest are the two most popular, so we could go with that. Make 'em at least a month apart so people could do both if they wanted. Since I'm in the northwest, and Smuz and Jimny are in the midwest, we should be able to do both. If we do this annually, it wouldn't be too hard to do the west coast run in Canada too. (just not next year! :wink: )
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

You want warm? How about 37 C and 80% humidity? Would that qualify?

Thass what it is here in late june and early july.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

:freak: Fergit that...

It's 69* (~21* C) and partly cloudy here today, but at least it's a dry heat!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

You call 69 degrees heat?????????????

Jeeze! I call that sweater weather.
penguin
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by penguin »

Heat, its 102 here today and yesterday. Its going to be this way for a while.
jock
Datto on the ground
Datto on the ground

Post by jock »

Smuz wrote:
You want warm? How about 37 C and 80% humidity? Would that qualify?

Thass what it is here in late june and early july.
Yes that would do just fine. It is the middle of winter here and it is getting to around 23 C during the day. That is cold weather.

The main reason I asked is so that people can go light when travelling. Rather than having to bring heaps of stuff to stay warm with.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

penguin wrote:Heat, its 102 here today and yesterday. Its going to be this way for a while.
Yikes!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Last year when we drove through Redding, it was 116*. A couple of hours leter we were on the coast, and it was in the 50's.

69* is about average for Seattle this time of year. I was thinking of having the meet on the east side (the dry side) of the mountains, as it'll be warmer (usually 80's), and it would be a little closer for most. Plus there's tons of trails around there!
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

just wonted to tell you all i hade a great time there and hope to see you all again at the 2nd annual lj series meet and this time i will bring my lj20.