Mouser, the highly modified LJ10
56%

Total votes: 9
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Which should I take to the meet?

Post by Smuz »

OK. I've decided that I only need to take one LJ to this years meet. So I'm putting it up for vote.
Which one do you wanna see there: Wilson, my totally stock LJ10, or Mouser, my LJ10 who has been highly modified.
Anybody can vote in this, but I'm only gonna pay attention to the people who are actually going to the meet.
And NO, both is not an option in this poll.

Then I'm gonna do what I want aniways.

Spooky old Alice says she don't care.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Re: Which should I take to the meet?

Post by SuzukiTom »

Hard choice. We might need someone that can pull stockers out of hard spots...but then, LJs don't get stuck :))):

HTH,

Tom & Nancy
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
troy
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by troy »

I'm hoping to get some up close viewing of some stockers, so I can take pics for an upcoming resto, but I would like to see Mouser. Mouser is my inspiration for my current LJ project, and I'd like to see how you handled some of the details on mouser up close.

Troy
1972 LJ20 - under construction (33" BFG MTs, Samurai axles, t-case, and transmission, 1.6 VW diesel)
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Mouser is cool, but I've got a soft spot for Wilson too.

I doubt we'll be doing anything too hard, and the rest of the LJ's will be stock anyway, so I'll go with Wilson (probably easier to bring him anyway!)

I'll be glad to see you guys there, in either rig.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

At this time, I'm leaning slightly towards Mouser. Steve will have two stock LJ10's at the meet, so Wilson would be just one of three. Tom will have his LJ10 w/ the LJ20 motor conversion. Myers will have his stock LJ20. So the stockers will be well represented.

Mouser is kinda unique and there are gonna be people at the meet that have never seen him. I'll make the decision late next week.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Ok, Last night I voted for Mouser but told Winnie about it this morning and she said I should have voted for Wilson. Guess it is a :smack: toss up with us two. Told her Smuz would do what we wanted anyway.

Myers
"LJsRME"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Looks like it's Mouser. The final determining factor was that when I changed the exhaust and quieted Wilson down, I could hear the piston slap. Mouser's reliability appears to be greater than Wilson's at this point.