The older I get the better I was...

http://www.suzukilj80.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: Getting ready for the meet...

Post by stevec »

Glad you got her going again!

I'm surprised the Pertronix made it act that way - I figured it would be "all or nothing" with those. Let me know if you need the warranty info - I believe the warranty is 30 months, so you should still be in that period. In fact, I think I have a few extra warranty cards at home. We're heading out this afternoon, but I'll try to remember to grab one before we leave (yes, I'm at work this morning!)

See ya there.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
troy
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by troy »

Does anyone know what are typicall eating arrangements? My Dad and I are going to stay in a hotel, but plan on being with the group during the day.

Do people grill at camp, so we should bring some meat to throw on, if someone will let us? What about lunch on the trails, pack a cooler? I'm not known to go long periods without food, so I'm planning ahead.

We'll be in Rapid City late Monday night and be at the campground Tuesday, proably between 8-9, unless we should be their earlier.

Thanks,
Troy
1972 LJ20 - under construction (33" BFG MTs, Samurai axles, t-case, and transmission, 1.6 VW diesel)
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Here is what I have experienced during the past 4 years. Eating is on your own. Sometimes there is an evening group meal where everybody brings something. Have not heard of such plans for this meet so do not know if it will happen or not.
It to like to eat so we take snacks for eating when moving on the trail. The group usually stops for a lunch break so we also take something we can that is easy to keep and eat.
We are planning to stock up when we come through Rapid City. Have been told there is both a Safeway and Family Thrift on Mountain Veiw Road.
At Moab the most important thing to take was water. Probably not as hot in SD but we have learned to take pleanty.

Will be glad to meet you folks.

Myers
"LJsRME"
troy
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by troy »

Sounds good. Rapid City is a decent sized town, so we plan to stock up on food on the way to the campgrounds in the a.m. Looking forward to meeting everyone. My Dad is getting excited to take his Willy's out on a few trails. It is basically a cabin cruiser, so i don't think he ever expected to take it on a trail. He did make a comment about bringing a tow rope to drag the Suzuki's back to camp.
1972 LJ20 - under construction (33" BFG MTs, Samurai axles, t-case, and transmission, 1.6 VW diesel)
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

troy wrote:Sounds good. Rapid City is a decent sized town, so we plan to stock up on food on the way to the campgrounds in the a.m. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
We're bringing a small grill, some sausages and a coffee pot. If there's a place to eat in town, we'll eat there, if not we'll grill. Sandwiches and/or granola bars on the trail and lots of water.
My Dad is getting excited to take his Willy's out on a few trails. It is basically a cabin cruiser, so i don't think he ever expected to take it on a trail. He did make a comment about bringing a tow rope to drag the Suzuki's back to camp.
:))): :))): :))): You're killing me! Imagine the thought of a Zuke being rescued by a freaking J E E P! Gawdamn, you got a sense of humor.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

All loaded except for coolers and baggage. Pulling out at 0-dark-thirty tommorry. See ya'll there.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Frankenstein
Spammer Hammer
Spammer Hammer

Post by Frankenstein »

You all have a good trip and a great meeting!
I hate rust...

The older I get the better I was...

http://www.suzukilj80.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

troy wrote:Does anyone know what are typicall eating arrangements? My Dad and I are going to stay in a hotel, but plan on being with the group during the day.

Do people grill at camp, so we should bring some meat to throw on, if someone will let us? What about lunch on the trails, pack a cooler? I'm not known to go long periods without food, so I'm planning ahead.

We'll be in Rapid City late Monday night and be at the campground Tuesday, proably between 8-9, unless we should be their earlier.

Thanks,
Troy
We never talked about it for this year, but we usually do a potluck dinner one night, probably Wednesday. I usually do the meat, and others bring sides and desserts. Other meals are on your own, like the others said.

We're in Hardin, MT tonight, about 240 miles from Spearfish, SD. We should be in Spearfish by noon, and in the campground by dinnertime tomorrow. Only casualties so far are the windshield on my truck, and the 1,000,000+ bugs that have committed suicide via my truck and camper.

Yes, Bailey the Beagle is still alive and with us - she celebrated her 15th birthday last Monday, so I guess I should let her drive the LJ too... :wink:
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

troy wrote:My Dad is getting excited to take his Willy's out on a few trails. It is basically a cabin cruiser, so i don't think he ever expected to take it on a trail. He did make a comment about bringing a tow rope to drag the Suzuki's back to camp.
Sorry Troy, but you knew this was coming (click on image to view video):

Seriously, I wish you two could have stayed longer. I barely had a chance to talk to you until you were packing up to leave. Hope you can make next year's meet!