Who is going to the 2010 meet?

June 29 - July 1, in the Black Hills of South Dakota

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Who is going to the 2010 meet?

Post by stevec »

Please post up here if you are planning to make the 2010 LJ meet. I plan to be there with two LJ's, and mom and Stephen are planning to bring their LJ20.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Re: Who is going to the 2010 meet?

Post by lj20Colorado »

im gona try and will eather bring 2 or just one it will eather be me and my dad phill or my uncal tom but will try. where is the exact camp site at??
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
troy
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by troy »

I'm using this meet as a goal to get mine done. We have a 6 month old, a 2 year old and both the wife and I work, so time is lacking. Worst case scenario, it is not done, but I'd like to make the drive to check out the group. It is about 10 hrs from where I live, could probably convince my Dad and son to come with.

If I don't get it done, could I do the trails with my mildly built Jeep Cherokee? I completely understand if the trails portion was limited to LJs only.

Troy
1972 LJ20 - under construction (33" BFG MTs, Samurai axles, t-case, and transmission, 1.6 VW diesel)
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Plan to be there. 2 Myers + LJ20 Let us know when you find where.
"LJsRME"
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

troy wrote:If I don't get it done, could I do the trails with my mildly built Jeep Cherokee? I completely understand if the trails portion was limited to LJs only.

Troy
Yes, you can take your Jeep on the trails with us, but you'll have to be at the back of the line! Bring your LJ, even if it isn't quite ready yet. Heck, our first year we had two LJ's that didn't run, and never made it off their trailers!
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

stevec wrote:Heck, our first year we had two LJ's that didn't run, and never made it off their trailers!
think that happened to a certain extent at Disney, too. IIRC, there was a non-runner and then i blew up that one...
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I know I broke Mouser while we were there, but I thought all the other LJ's at Disney were running.
mrmachz
Dreams of LJs all day
Dreams of LJs all day

Post by mrmachz »

I will be there with my lj!!! I cant wait!! It will be nice to meet you other lj owners face to face!!
jim
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

mrmachz wrote:It will be nice to meet you other lj owners face to face!!
You'll get over THAT pretty damned quick :))):

Smuz and Spooky Old Alice will be there with 1 or 2 lj's.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

OK, so far we have:

stevec: 3 adults, 2 kids, 3 LJ's (wife may skip this one)
Myers: 2 adults, 1 LJ
mrmachz: 1? adult, 1 LJ
Smuz: 2 adults, 1-2 LJ's

Maybes:
lj20colorado: 2 adults, 1-2 LJ's
troy: 2 adults, 1 child, 1 LJ
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

We'll be there also! So add one more LJ, and two adults.
Hopefully, the exact location will be firmed up soon. Looks like it'll be based out of the Rapid City area?

Tom & Nancy
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

SuzukiTom wrote:We'll be there also! So add one more LJ, and two adults.
Tom & Nancy
Thats good news.
"LJsRME"
cynthia29
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by cynthia29 »

I would love to go to the meet, my lj10 is about 90 percent restored now working on new wiring and little bugs should be done by then was able to fire it for the first time last weekend after a year a year of being down for a frame off resto need to know details but count two adults and child in. Steve I would love to go for the beach run also I am in spanaway, washington so would be a quick jog for me to get their, if can come up with a trailer or talk daddy into letting me us his truck and just put in back still planning on going?
Life is not a jouney to the grave in a beutiful, and a well preserved body, but to slide in worn out, and used up screaming at the top of your lungs "Wow What A Ride"
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

i wont be able to come to the meet in SD work wont let me take it off
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Do we have a definite location yet? We still need to make room reservations? I know the SD Native American Tribes live on reservations but they probably also have restrictions against folks like me.
"LJsRME"
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I've been busy with work, and my 'puter crashed last week, so I lost most of what I had for the area (which wasn't much!) I remember there were a lot of trails in the area, but the FS closes them intermittently (open one year, closed the next, open again the next, or something like that). I talked to a couple of people in the area, but lost the info when my 'puter died. I'll see if I can get in touch withe the local FS office, and try to get some current info on camping, lodging for Myers, and trails.
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

Anymore information available for this? There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm out there for this meet. Maybe the location needs to be reconsidered?

Tom & Nancy
Thomas Howlett

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

SuzukiTom wrote:Anymore information available for this? There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm out there for this meet. Maybe the location needs to be reconsidered?

Tom & Nancy

Moab again!!!!
"LJsRME"
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

i would agree with myers MOAB AGAIN maybe we should have a mini meet there like we did in disney OK ??? how about that ??
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

I'd be open to that. It's hard to beat the Moab area for shear density of close-in trails and plenty of services.

Tom
Thomas Howlett

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I think there are enough trails around Moab that you could do a meet there every year! I would certainly like to go back (I'd also like to go back to Colorado and spend more time there!), but there are enough places I haven't been to, or haven't taken the kids to, that I want to plan the meets in different areas. Having the meets in different locations also opens them up to new people, that may live too far away for some of the previous meets.

I think a lot of the "lack of enthusiasm" for this meet is probably my fault, as I have not had the time to gather information for the area. I will try to call the FS office out there this week, and get going on this.
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

Steve,
I think we should do a meet there. Maybe we can open up a forum for a mini meet there in 2010.
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

stevec wrote:But there are enough places I haven't been to, or haven't taken the kids to, that I want to plan the meets in different areas. Having the meets in different locations also opens them up to new people, that may live too far away for some of the previous meets.
I agree, I've never been to South Dakota, and would really like to check it out. I was just concerned that a final location hadn't been worked out yet, and time is starting to get short. My wife and I are like Myers, we don't really do the camping thing, and have to make motel arrangements.

Tom & Nancy
Thomas Howlett

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

stevec wrote: I will try to call the FS office out there this week, and get going on this.
Thanks Stevec.
Don’t know where in western SD you are looking at but us non-campers can probably expect some driving each day. At the Wiaparous, AB meet, the closest room we could find was 20+ miles from the camp site.

A tradeoff in this in that you have some very nice, trustworthy folks to leave your LJ / trailer with at night while they can ask you to pick up food, ice and needed refreshments for them each day.

A neat thing about this part of SD is there is a lot of stuff to visit/see if one wants to do a vacation before/after the meet.
"LJsRME"
redsnodog
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by redsnodog »

Hi everyone! Wow it has been a while.Carol and I and our lj10 would love to join you guys.Sorry we missed Moab sounds like it was awesome Anyway, count 2 people and 1 lj10.