Date, location

The 5th Annual LJ Meet will be Sept. 1-3, 2009, in MOAB!!!

Moderator: stevec

Vagabond
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Re: Date, location

Post by Vagabond »

Jimny wrote:
one girlfriend (for me).
Well I hope you bring one for all of us! :wink:
That could get rather messy; I'd rather he brought one for EACH of us.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Give us their email address or phone number we will take care of it for you! :wink:

Damn that sucks, I hope you get to come, I was looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing your rig in person.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

Post by Idahopaul »

I am gonna work on it, I really want to go badly. I have always wanted to go to someplace like Moab. Im going to talk to my griever tomorrow about getting the list of vacations so I can go bug people about it!

edit: ok Im going! :cool: 8) now to do some research on the trail systems there. I suppose I need a reservation for an rv spot with no utilities as well.
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"
Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

Post by Idahopaul »

ok, Im looking at things to do on the way down, so far I have discovered west Yellowstone which adds a few hours to the trip but also provides a half way point to stop and rest. I figure I have a day and a half to spend there and that will put me at Slick Rock monday night. Im still looking at my options though, the west yellowstone thing sounds the best so far since its there after 7 hours of drive time and then only nine to go from there. has anyone realized how close to Silverton we are going to be? anyone else going down early so you can sight see on the way there?
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

My wife and I are planning on attending the Moab meet. We've made our reservations at the Slickrock Campground, but haven't received the confirmation yet. Trying for a cabin, but if not it'll be tent camping. Haven't done that for 20 years :D We plan on arriving Sunday, August 30, and staying thru to Sunday, Sept 6th.

The Redrock 4wheelers hold their Labor Day Campout runs that weekend too. You might consider staying and attending some of those runs too. A few are overnighters (of course), but they have day trips too. A good chance to show up some Jeeps :P They have their signup at the Spanish Trail Arena just South of Moab on 191.

We've been going to Moab yearly for 18 years, and have done virtually every trail in the area. If you haven't been before, you NEED to go! The scenery alone is worth the trip. Add in some awesome 4-wheeling, and it can be the adventure of a lifetime. If you're worried that your LJ can't do the tough trails, you don't have to be. I followed a stock LJ20 through the Golden Spike trail a few years ago, and although they did take the bypass at the Double Whammy, they only had to take the strap ONCE!

Tom H.

P.S., Somewhere on this forum I read that someone was into Crosleys? There's a Crofton Bug in a old ghosttown off I-70 and hwy 128, those had Crosley engines in them. They're about the same size as a LJ, too. Too bad they're not 4x4.
Crofton Bug RH_front_small.jpg
Crofton But LH_rear_small.jpg
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Idahopaul wrote:ok, Im looking at things to do on the way down, so far I have discovered west Yellowstone which adds a few hours to the trip but also provides a half way point to stop and rest. I figure I have a day and a half to spend there and that will put me at Slick Rock monday night. Im still looking at my options though, the west yellowstone thing sounds the best so far since its there after 7 hours of drive time and then only nine to go from there. has anyone realized how close to Silverton we are going to be? anyone else going down early so you can sight see on the way there?
I've been to Yellowstone many times. From your place, I would recommend going down Hwy 191; it is more scenic than Hwy 287. If you do this, be sure to take a slight detour when 191 meets 287 - if you go about 5 miles up 287, you'll see Hebgen Lake and Earthquake Lake, the site of a huge landslide back in 1959, caused by a major earthquake.

I truly believe you need at least a week to see Yellowstone (remember, it is bigger than some states!) but if you only have a day and a half, West Yellowstone is a good part to be at. You can visit the Old Faithful area, and maybe get up to Norris Geyser Basin.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

SuzukiTom wrote:We've been going to Moab yearly for 18 years, and have done virtually every trail in the area.
Great! It'll be nice to have someone along with a lot of experience in the area!
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Tom, did you tell them that you were with the LJ10.com group? They will put you over with us, most likely right next door to me in the cabins :twisted:
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

My wife set up the reservations online, and she said that she did mention it on the reservation form.
We haven't gotten our confirmation back yet, so I don't know if we got a cabin or not.
Jimny wrote:Tom, did you tell them that you were with the LJ10.com group? They will put you over with us, most likely right next door to me in the cabins :twisted:
Thomas Howlett

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Vagabond
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by Vagabond »

Idahopaul wrote:ok, Im looking at things to do on the way down... has anyone realized how close to Silverton we are going to be? anyone else going down early...?
My Wife and I plan to spend the prior week wheeling in the Silverton/Ouray/Ridgeway area. We're renting a Yurt at the Ridgeway State Park. Anyone want to join us?
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

SuzukiTom wrote:My wife set up the reservations online, and she said that she did mention it on the reservation form.
We haven't gotten our confirmation back yet, so I don't know if we got a cabin or not.
The campground is closed for the season, so it usually takes a couple of days for them to get back to you.
grw
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by grw »

Moab ROCKS been a few times and loved it (every time).
Sept may be a little on the warm side... just something to think about.
I have that book also (signed copy, funny story :))): ).
If the money is their I would love to join in.
NOTE: make sure the cabins with AC actually has AC (and not a fan {been there done that})
We tried to buy a camp ground quite a few years back, to much $$$ for us to swing.
Also there is a Sami guy that lives in Moab and below to Red Rock 4X4 and usually is more than willing to be a guide (especially Suzuki people).
Gary
www.supermotors.net (look for GRW under suzuki samurai)
frobuster
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by frobuster »

I said that I would be there, however something has come up, and unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.........thanks though..Ron
'72 LJ20 iz buttugly
but i make it MO BETTA
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

Woo Hoo!
We got our reservation confirmation! For a CABIN!
Thomas Howlett

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Glad they still had cabins available! :cool:
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

I just tried to reserve a cabin so we'll see what happens.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

just to update:

me and my dad our coming were staying at one of the hotels there in town so will have to drive there and back witch isnt bad sence we will be driving out ljs :beer: lol

we will be bringing 4 or maybe 5 lj's
1 stock lj10, 1 modified lj10, my dads original lj20, an lj20v and our little workhorse lj20, but maybe one more dont know yet lol

oh and there maybe another guy gona meet us there. hes the one i bought the lj10 20v from and he was an original buyer or an lj10 and when i told him about this meet he really wonts to go so we may have 3 people coming from our side.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

I got confirmation for a cabin. :cool:
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

frobuster wrote:I said that I would be there, however something has come up, and unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.........thanks though..Ron
Well Ron maybe it will turn back around and you will be able to make it anyway.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Vagabond wrote:
Idahopaul wrote:ok, Im looking at things to do on the way down... has anyone realized how close to Silverton we are going to be? anyone else going down early...?
My Wife and I plan to spend the prior week wheeling in the Silverton/Ouray/Ridgeway area. We're renting a Yurt at the Ridgeway State Park. Anyone want to join us?
That would be fun, but way out of my way.
Vagabond
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by Vagabond »

Jimny wrote:
Vagabond wrote:
That would be fun, but way out of my way.
Perhaps you're overstating it a tad...
According to Google, it's only 100 miles more:
Prairie Grove to Moab - 1159 miles
Prairie Grove to Moab by way of Ridgeway - 1260 miles
frobuster
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by frobuster »

No, unfortunately, the only thing that could have taken me away from the meet, is the girl....yup, no LJ's for Labor Day, only a suit and a ring, and , and you get the idea...I would say bells, but instead, we'll be breakin a wine glass. hehe
'72 LJ20 iz buttugly
but i make it MO BETTA
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

frobuster wrote:No, unfortunately, the only thing that could have taken me away from the meet, is the girl....yup, no LJ's for Labor Day, only a suit and a ring, and , and you get the idea...I would say bells, but instead, we'll be breakin a wine glass. hehe
Congrats :cool: , I just got married a few months ago.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Ruby wrote:I got confirmation for a cabin. :cool:
:cool:

At this rate, we'll have all of the cabins reserved for our group! :layh:
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

frobuster wrote:No, unfortunately, the only thing that could have taken me away from the meet, is the girl....yup, no LJ's for Labor Day, only a suit and a ring, and , and you get the idea...I would say bells, but instead, we'll be breakin a wine glass. hehe
I suppose that is an acceptable excuse for missing this meet! :wink:

Congratulations!