Potluck

The 3rd Annual LJ Meet, in MT/WY, just East of Yellowstone Nat'l Park!

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Potluck

Post by stevec »

We usually do a potluck for the meet, we'll do this year's on Saturday night, since that is when most will be there. Following with tradition, I'll provide the meat (esp. since I'll have two RV's to store it in this year!), and everyone else can post here with what they'd like to bring (i.e. salad, chips, corn on the cob, etc.) Knowing how many people will be there will greatly help me out in knowing how much to bring! Also, we may need to borrow a few grilles to cook everything (I should have two small ones with me!)

Alcohol is BYOB, and please be responsible and respectful to everyone. My only strict rule is no alcohol on the trails! In camp it's ok, but don't get too stupid drunk. I don't know if the homebrew will be ready in time for the meet; I've been so busy getting other stuff ready that I haven't had much time to brew.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

dad was talkin about wanting to bring meet, too........

man, Steve.....Dave's gonna be PISSED if you don't bring his beer....... :shock:
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

tweeder wrote:man, Steve.....Dave's gonna be PISSED if you don't bring his beer....... :shock:
He would be, except he isn't going to be there this year. :roll:
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

pulled pork

Post by Tweedy bird »

Tweeder wont be coming but Lil Chick & I will be there. Thought about bring several lb. of pulled pork bar-b-que baked beans & potato salad. We will be coming up through Yellowstone with a 31' 5th wheel draging a 14' flat bed with the LJ-20o. :ohno:
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: pulled pork

Post by stevec »

Tweedy bird wrote:Tweeder wont be coming but Lil Chick & I will be there. Thought about bring several lb. of pulled pork bar-b-que baked beans & potato salad.
Mmmm, I'm getting hungry now... :P
Tweedy bird wrote:We will be coming up through Yellowstone with a 31' 5th wheel draging a 14' flat bed with the LJ-20o. :ohno:
:ohno: Just check the state laws for wherever you're going with that setup. I know Washington won't allow a trailer being towed behind a 5th wheel, and other states may have similar laws... Also check to see if Yellowstone has any regulations.

Also remember Yellowstone NP and Beartooth Pass have some tight turns!
Glen Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Glen Friesen »

I will be there with my wife and Rick with his girlfriend. I'll talk to the wife and see what we can bring. Might have to be something we can pick up down there, they get a little sticky at the border sometimes when it comes to meat or fruit.
1979 LJ-80, toyota drivetrain, 33" tires, aussie locker, 5.29's etc...
Glen Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Glen Friesen »

I'll also be bringing the video camera again so if anyone else has one bring it along and I'll try to put a video together again this year.
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Glen Friesen wrote:I will be there with my wife and Rick with his girlfriend. I'll talk to the wife and see what we can bring. Might have to be something we can pick up down there, they get a little sticky at the border sometimes when it comes to meat or fruit.
I brought smoked salmon last year and told them i had it, no probs. It can be an issue though, especially fruit.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Tweedy bird wrote:Tweeder wont be coming but Lil Chick & I will be there.
WHAT THE HELL? How come Tweeder isn't coming??? HUH!?!?
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tweedy bird »

some one has to work better him than Me :twisted: :twisted:
Suzy
Tim Horton's MVP
Tim Horton's MVP

Post by Suzy »

Glen Friesen wrote:I'll also be bringing the video camera again so if anyone else has one bring it along and I'll try to put a video together again this year.
OK but no faking me sliding around again>

John
Suzy, a 79 LJ 80 tin top.
Misfit, a 79 LJ 81.
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

Jimny wrote:
Tweedy bird wrote:Tweeder wont be coming but Lil Chick & I will be there.
WHAT THE HELL? How come Tweeder isn't coming??? HUH!?!?
the prospect of chewing on my knees for God knows how long only to get there and be without an LJ to drive = NOT appealing.

not to mention that Pops only lets me have one week vacation a year -- and they're taking a TWO week trip :roll:

how about a "mini-meet" this fall at Disney, or Hot Springs or some such..... preferably Hot Springs, but i dunno if we can drag Smuz down there...?
A legend in my own mind.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Glen Friesen wrote:I will be there with my wife and Rick with his girlfriend. I'll talk to the wife and see what we can bring. Might have to be something we can pick up down there, they get a little sticky at the border sometimes when it comes to meat or fruit.
That's what I figured; plus most people will be tent camping, and it's a pain to keep meat fresh in an ice chest. Salads, chips, fruit is all good, and easy to get after you cross the border. If someone brings white corn (on the cob) my 9yo will be your best friend!
Suzy
Tim Horton's MVP
Tim Horton's MVP

Post by Suzy »

stevec wrote:
If someone brings white corn (on the cob) my 9yo will be your best friend!
Does these mean Andy (? red sidekick) from WAZUK's os not going to make it this year ?

John
Misfit, a 79 LJ 81.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

That's the other Steve. He's thinking about it, but I think his wife is out of town then, so if he comes, it'll just be him and his Tracker tenting it.
Suzy
Tim Horton's MVP
Tim Horton's MVP

Post by Suzy »

stevec wrote:That's the other Steve. He's thinking about it, but I think his wife is out of town then, so if he comes, it'll just be him and his Tracker tenting it.
Yeh, Steve that's it, my memory is terrible with names, that's why I sew my name tags in the front of my underwear, quick reference.

John
Misfit, a 79 LJ 81.
Glen Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Glen Friesen »

Well I just checked the US Customs web site and sounds like they well let me bring chocolate, cheese and fish, not much of a combo. We wanted to bring twice baked potato's but no can do. I guess you guys don't like our potatoes. So I think we are going to do kabob's on the BBQ, we can get all the veggies and and some chicken once we get down there.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

They'll let fish through but not potatoes? huh... :roll:

I guess they are afraid of some type of bug in the potato that you might bring to the US. LOL :roll: :roll: So silly it is. I could see it if you flew in from some other country that is NOT attached to this country.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Fish... There's a thought... We're still getting Copper River Salmon; maybe I can pick some up and bring it...
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

Me and dad will be bringing chili like last year.
'92 sidekick: 16v 5 speed 4 door. '72 lj20: frame and tub..