Summer 2007 Meet - Dates and Location

The 3rd Annual LJ Meet, in MT/WY, just East of Yellowstone Nat'l Park!

Moderator: stevec

stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Only 11 days to go! And I'm leaving in nine days! :shock:

Been sandblasting the Tacoma wheels, and repainting them. They're turning out really nice, but the tires have seen better days. I may try to find some new tires for it, but I just finished spending $800 on new tires for the tow rig. :roll:
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

camp location?

Post by Tweedy bird »

Steve do we know yet where we will be setting uo base camp yet? Or how will we all where to go when we get in the area.
KDKG
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by KDKG »

Jimny wrote:You are still in Turkey! DAMN! When (or can you say) are you coming home?
Give me a couple more months and I should be home. I had taken a side trip for a few months to UAE. Thought about looking up that one guy that is always looking for LJ's shipped there. Well not really.
Home, Retired, and looking like a hippie.
KDKG
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by KDKG »

Smuz wrote:
KDKG wrote: Smuz, you ole Rat, Can't believe I missed yet another chance of giving you hell.

I am still planning on the Winter Trip. Maybe will even bring the LJ, haha.

:roll:
You musta missed where I said I wasn't going this year.

I am still planning on the Winter Trip, also, though.
Yep, I missed that part... Perhaps for the winter trip. I will save up my hell.
Home, Retired, and looking like a hippie.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: camp location?

Post by stevec »

Tweedy bird wrote:Steve do we know yet where we will be setting uo base camp yet? Or how will we all where to go when we get in the area.
Since we'll be "dispersed camping", i.e. not in a designated campground, I'll just find a place when I get there. That's why I want to get there early, (hopefully Thursday evening) so I can find a space, and then post signs to tell everyone where to go.

The FS called the roads Miller Creek Road and Fisher Creek road, but Google Maps calls them Daisy Pass Trail Road and Lulu Pass Trail Road. My first choice is Daisy Pass Trail Road, or Miller Creek Road. It's closer to town, and the road is longer before becoming 4WD only. As soon as I have a site picked, the first thing I will do is put up signs on the highway, going in both directions, and I will also post something at the Cooke City Chamber of Commerce, if there's a bulleting board there.

I may just drive into town, park everything there, and then take one of the LJ's to scout out a campsite, as opposed to driving the truck and trailer up a dirt road I've never been on before. It mostly depends on time. Both roads are within 1/2 mile east of Cooke City on Hwy 212, and Cooke City is pretty small, so I think they'll be fairly easy to find.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Pulled up the 10-day weather forecast for Cooke City this morning...

Highs in the mid 70's, lows around 40*, sunny, chance of precipitation = 0%.

OH YEAH!!!!
:Dude: