Links to articles to repair/upgrade your L series Suzuki

Moderator: Smuz

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Fabricating your own transfer case shifter seat

Post by Smuz »

http://www.lj10.com/howto/tcss/

Here's something I came up with after finding out that the seats were no longer available from Suzuki. Dunno how it'll last, but it's gotta have *at least* as long a lifespan as the original.

Hope this helps someone.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Eddy
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Eddy »

:-( waiting... waiting ... :|
Searching for my next LJ
.[____].
(.0!!!!0.)
[]------[]

'77 Leyland Terrier
'80 Nissan 720 4X4 ute
AND A LJ!!!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

me too.........me too

Jimny's mailbox was too full and I had to resend the article. He's working on it now.

I think.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

........................and it's UP THERE!

Looks like a good fix there smuz! I was wondering what I could use for that. GOOD JOB (again)!

:cool:

http://www.lj10.com/howto/tcss/
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Yeah, it was you asking about it that kept it in my mind. And then Russ mentioned using a tail piece on sumpin else and it all clicked. Looks like it'll work good, too.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Nice job Smuz! :cool:
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I was down at the hardware store last weekend, as our shower faucet is leaking, and noticed something that might work as a drop in replacement for the shifter seat. It was only $3.49, so I bought one, took it home, and pulled a shifter off that had a seat. The original seat is a bit larger in diameter, but this one fits. I put it in, installed a shifter, and it moved freely. The case I tried this on was not installed, but it fit good enough that I plan to try it in the V and drive it around the yard. It id Delta part number D-153 I believe; I'll let everyone know how it works!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
tweeder
Resident Smart Arse
Resident Smart Arse

Post by tweeder »

stevec wrote:I was down at the hardware store last weekend, as our shower faucet is leaking, and noticed something that might work as a drop in replacement for the shifter seat. It was only $3.49, so I bought one, took it home, and pulled a shifter off that had a seat. The original seat is a bit larger in diameter, but this one fits. I put it in, installed a shifter, and it moved freely. The case I tried this on was not installed, but it fit good enough that I plan to try it in the V and drive it around the yard. It id Delta part number D-153 I believe; I'll let everyone know how it works!
PICS, DAMMIT! :evil:
A legend in my own mind.