Proposed articles

Links to articles to repair/upgrade your L series Suzuki

Moderator: Smuz

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Proposed articles

Post by Smuz »

I already have one article online, on the replacement/upgrade of the stock flasher in an LJ10/20.

Another article almost finished is about how to make your own transfer case shifter seat from common plumbing supplies. At this time, I am taking lots of pics detailing a total front axle outter rebuild and spring replacement.

Other articles I have in mind doing:
1. Differential rebuild.
2. Brake shoe replacement.
3. Disk brake install
4. Master cylinder replacement w/ Samurai master cylinder.

Here's where you can 1) express an interest in, 2) demand, 3) beg pitiously, for an article you would like to see.

Let's hear some comments..........
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Instead of "brake shoe replacement", how about "brake system overhaul"? There isn't a whole lot there, and it could all probably be covered in one article. Those just needing to replace shoes could still reference it. Also, remember Suzuki recommends that the seals be replaced every two years... Yeah right, like any of us are doing that! Still, if you got everything apart to replace shoes, you might as well put new rubber in there while you're at it.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Also, how about an article on rebuilding the front knuckles?
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

The front knuckle rebuild is happening right now. I got a full axle rebuild and spring replacement going with Wilson. I'm taking lots of pics and starting the write-up tonight.

There is so much to this rebuild that it may be too much for a single article. I'm doing 1) spring, shock and spring bushing replacement, 2) Knuckle rebuild and oil seal r&r 3) Wheel bearing r&r, 4) brake shoe replacement 5) steering link rebuild, 6) whatever else I find wrong along the way.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
deimos
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by deimos »

Article Request: G10 install, tips and tricks.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

deimos wrote:Article Request: G10 install, tips and tricks.
Gimme a few days......
I'll work on it. It'll be an "after the fact" article, not an "as it happens".

BTW: Mouser kinda self destructed today. Info in the projects thread when I get to it.