Zuks of KC Disney, Ok. Labor day

Post Suzuki meets in your area

Moderator: stevec

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Zuks of KC Disney, Ok. Labor day

Post by Smuz »

Zuks Of Kc are planning a Labor Day Meet Aug. 29th - Sept 1st at Disney, Oklahoma.

As always, LJ's are invited. (also anybody else that wants to come).

We'll be there from Fri. afternoon on Aug 29th to Mon. Sept 1st, We'll be camping below Penecola Dam at the COE campsite.

Further info upon request.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Zus of KC Disney, Ok. Labor day

Post by Smuz »

Ok, the question has been asked where ZuksOfKC camps at Disney. I'll answer that.

We camp at a little known campground south of Pensecola Dam. There are no hook ups, just pads and grass.

Here is a map of the area. It's actually in Langley, not Disney. And it's a little tricky to get to the first time.

http://www.oklahomacampers.com/maps/Che ... leblue.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Riverside is the campground we stay at. Across the river is Grand Cherokee campground which does have hookups. I have never seen Riverside full, but Grand Cherokee's hook up sights have always been full. I dunno if they take reservations or not.

Later tonight I'll look it up on Google Earth and post the co-ordinates.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

So far, confirmed, we have Tweedy Bird and Meyers with SuzukiTom as possible.

ZoKC has 5 confirmed: myself, Kevin, Keith, Mel, and Rob, w/ 2 more possible.

As usual, we will do LJ level trails in the am and the harder stuff in the afternoon. So, in the afternoon. the LJ's can watch, try their luck at some of the climbs, or go away, whatever they want. :D

Gonna be a good time. If I don't break my junk Samurai.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

BTW: Tweedy Bird. You BETTER bring at least one CD full of those pics you took last year at Moab.
Kevin is knashing his teeth and saying all kindsa unkind things about you and yer ancestry for not getting those to us. And I'm agreeing with him.

So redeem yer pathetic self. :twisted:
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tweedy bird »

Ok you two get over it some of us have the attention span of a squirrel. If you are going to be that way I might get distracted on my way and end up some where else :Rude:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

But, but...
You PROMISED.
:hammer:
Tweedy bird
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Tweedy bird »

I guess I did maybe I should follow through on my promise :oops:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Holy crap, it's hot.

!:00 pm and it's 99*F w/ the sun is an angry God in the sky...

And 60% humidity. Gotta love Kansas. Geeze, we're 3000 miles from ANY large body of water, WHERE does this humidity come from?

Piss on THIS, I'm going in the house, I'll get ready for Disney later...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

3:20 pm and it's 103*F.
That would be 39.4 Celsius for those of you in more enlightened areas.

Hell, even my toe fungus just died.
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Re: Zuks of KC Disney, Ok. Labor day

Post by SuzukiTom »

It's a balmy 92 degrees down here in our own little piece of heaven.

BTW What time are we meeting Saturday morning? We're looking forward to seeing some rocks and dir. Hopefully no carnage this time. Don't forget your strap. Myers may need it. Ha!
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

SuzukiTom wrote:It's a balmy 92 degrees down here in our own little piece of heaven.

BTW What time are we meeting Saturday morning? We're looking forward to seeing some rocks and dir. Hopefully no carnage this time. Don't forget your strap. Myers may need it. Ha!
Can you find our campground? If so, show up about 9am.
If not. we'll swing by the parking area at the east end of Pensecola Dam before we head out.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

After being in the 80's and 90's the last month and a half, we're finally getting some more seasonal weather here - mid 70's to low 80's, and cooling off nicely at night. When I got up this morning it was 48* outside (9*C).

:Rude:
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

It has taken me three days to pack the wheel bearings on my single axle white trailer. And this included
R&R on Day 2 to recuperate from Day 1.

For the two of us right now it looks more like being spectators rather than participants.

Hot here now but forecast for that area next Sat. and Sun is upper 80s with chance of showers (40% Sat. 20% Sun.) http://www.grandlakelinks.com/Weather.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a backup I am also bringing fishing poles plus the two recreation chairs I bought from Tweedy Bird.

Will be great to see everyone.
"LJsRME"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote:After being in the 80's and 90's the last month and a half, we're finally getting some more seasonal weather here - mid 70's to low 80's, and cooling off nicely at night. When I got up this morning it was 48* outside (9*C).

:Rude:
:Flip:
And yer little dog, too...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Myers wrote:It has taken me three days to pack the wheel bearings on my single axle white trailer. And this included
R&R on Day 2 to recuperate from Day 1.

For the two of us right now it looks more like being spectators rather than participants.

Hot here now but forecast for that area next Sat. and Sun is upper 80s with chance of showers (40% Sat. 20% Sun.) http://www.grandlakelinks.com/Weather.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a backup I am also bringing fishing poles plus the two recreation chairs I bought from Tweedy Bird.

Will be great to see everyone.
Yeah, I hear that.

And that reminds me to throw in those LJ doors I said you could have. Now, if I kin only find them pesky brackets...
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote: :Flip:
And yer little dog, too...
You mean Charlie?
Charlie5.jpg
I think he looks a bit offended...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Well, mebbe not Charlie.

And you should remember how hot Disney can be, your curses are still echoing in them thar hills...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Smuz wrote:And that reminds me to throw in those LJ doors I said you could have. Now, if I kin only find them pesky brackets...
Larry:
I got the doors dug out of the bone pile and rooted thru crap until I found sum brackets. Gee, what a treat THAT was. Did I mention it's 98* in the shop? Well, it is. :ohno:

But they'll be there.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Smuz wrote:And you should remember how hot Disney can be, your curses are still echoing in them thar hills...
Oh yes, I was so glad we got that A/C running in your 5th wheel!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Got henry and the Pig gassed up. Had to replace a 24" line on the pig that connects my aux fuel tank. That line split and started leaking on the Moab trip and since then I've had 44 gals of gas on board that I couldn't use. That's how fast I work. :roll:

Tomorrow (Wed.) I gotta spend sum quality time at the range with things that go boom, then I should be hooked up and loaded by Thurs. afternoon, pulling out early Fri. am.

I'm really looking forward to it. :cool:
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Loaded Miss Alice this morn so I can mow both yards tomorrow. After making my first meet I started cutting four 2” ratchet straps to the length needed to secure LJs on the white trailer and toss the rest. And always cannot find the pre-cut ones so have done it again and again since 007. Happy Day, I found one pre-cut one today. Will cut the other three down to size after I get back from the dentist this afternoon.
"LJsRME"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Larry: did you ever think about fastening an ammo can or two to the trailer and keeping the single purpose straps in there?

SuzukiTom: Tell Nancy I'm bringing a jump drive w/ my ebook collection on it for her.

Tweedy Bird is there already. He's raring to go.

I got the 5'er and the tag trailer loaded and by the gate. Henry )my Samurai) is loaded and strapped. I just need to go get sum beer, throw in the food and clothes and I'm ready to pull out at 6-7 am tomorry.

Mel is not gonna make it this trip. Some disaster has befallen him. We'll miss the lanky sob.

Gonna be a good time.
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Smuz wrote:Larry: did you ever think about fastening an ammo can or two to the trailer and keeping the single purpose straps in there?
I put them in a white plastic bucket and write LJ Trailer Stuff on the bucket. The problem is I know they are there and also tell my son and grandsons. Need to let the Bride hide the bucket but I would then threaten her until she told on herself.

We will be late arrival Friday eve. See you at Riverside Campground early Sat.
"LJsRME"
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Myers wrote:
Smuz wrote:Larry: did you ever think about fastening an ammo can or two to the trailer and keeping the single purpose straps in there?
I put them in a white plastic bucket and write LJ Trailer Stuff on the bucket. The problem is I know they are there and also tell my son and grandsons. Need to let the Bride hide the bucket but I would then threaten her until she told on herself.

We will be late arrival Friday eve. See you at Riverside Campground early Sat.
Uh-huh. That's why I suggested you fasten the container to the trailer. That way there's no thinking or remembering involved. I like the no thinking part. A lot.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote:Oh yes, I was so glad we got that A/C running in your 5th wheel!
And ya wanna know sumpin funny? That was the last time I used it.
Every since that trip, we've either went north in the summer or south in the winter. So, never needed it again. Mebbe this trip, tho.