Windshield wiper motor

Any other parts that are direct replacements.

Moderator: stevec

Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Windshield wiper motor

Post by Smuz »

Just looked into replacing the windshield wiper motor on one of my LJ10's.

A Sammi (SJ413) motor will replace a LJ10/20 motor perfectly. All the mounts are the same and it bolts right up.

The wiring is "color to color" exact. The only difference that I can see is that if you hook it up "color to color" on the wiring, then the motor will run on low speed. The Sammi motor is two speed. If you want it to run at a higher speed, you need to use the blue/red wire instead of the blue wire.

Thanks to SteveC for asking the question that made me look at this swap.

note: this is without actually testing the wiring operation...... if things prove different, I will edit this entry.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Here's the pics..........
Attachments
Wiring
Wiring
P1010002.jpg (65.98 KiB) Viewed 19383 times
Guess which is which..........
Guess which is which..........
P1010001.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 19383 times
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Tested the wiring............works great as documented above.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

SWEET!!!! Very good to know. My 20 wiper is shot and I might need it at the meet.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Yeah. And I just replaced alla the linkages and pivots and wiper arms on Mouser with Sammi parts. I hadda drill out the wiper shaft holes a little bit and shorten the two linkages. I hooked a battery charger to the motor and tried it, worky super great. Thass wot I wuz working on when I knocked the windsheild frame over.

The amount removed on the linkages is: 1" on the right and 1/2" on the left.