oil seal cross reference

Any other parts that are direct replacements.

Moderator: stevec

mparno
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

oil seal cross reference

Post by mparno »

Has anybody cross referenced the inner oil seal on the front diffs to something more readily available? For LJ80 if that matters.
P/N I took off the original are: NDK 15 12Z 26 38 8

I see ful rebuild kits are available but I have already changed the bearings and the other components are still in good shape.
Rick Friesen
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Re: oil seal cross reference

Post by Rick Friesen »

I got all my seals from a local Kaman Bearing store. Pretty much any good bearing/seal place should be able to cross reference your seal size with one that they can get.

The pinion seal that I got didn't have the outer dust seal, but it still holds the oil in, which is better then what the old one was doing. I'm not sure what the part number or brand is though as I left that info in my shop in Cranbrook.
LJ80s, I can't collect them all, but I might still try...
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

mparno wrote:Has anybody cross referenced the inner oil seal on the front diffs to something more readily available? For LJ80 if that matters.
It's the same as a Samurai 1986-1995.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
mparno
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by mparno »

In case anyone else has trouble. Found a replacement through CR (Chicago Rawhide) part number 10168. Looks like a perfect fit.