Tops for Open LJ's...

Any other parts that are direct replacements.

Moderator: stevec

Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Tops for Open LJ's...

Post by Jimny »

I will start making the tops for the Open LJ's next week.

What I would like to know is: Who wants them?

I have a very good pattern (thanks Russ!) that is a Bestop so I will be making them just like it.

I can put the snaps on the top if you don't have any on your rig or you can put them on yourself, I'll loan the tool to do it with an additional deposit. Or if you don't care about possibly having to move your snaps that is on your rig then I will put them in the Bestop original spots.

As for where the top slides into the front top of the windshield I will make them one way and supply the part that screws onto the frame (Unless you have a 10 and want it original). The bestop pattern that I have seems to be the best and it matches to the windshield frames I have.

As for the door's, I can do them two way's as well, if you want them sewn on to the frames and then shipped or I can sew Velcro on the bottoms so you can warp around the bottoms (and bottom sides) to attach them to your frames. I also have door frames and top bows for sale.

Price includes the doors (not the frames).

If you pay up front before I start, the tops are only $600.00

If if want to pay after it is made then they are $700.00

Top bows: $80.00 complete.

Door Frames: $80.00 for a pair.

You can either buy them through me or Steve.

I have no clue (as of now) what shipping will be.

Prices will go up I'm sure, once I find out it's going to be a lot of work. :wink:
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
Frankenstein
Spammer Hammer
Spammer Hammer

Post by Frankenstein »

Do these tops fit the lj80?
I hate rust...

The older I get the better I was...

http://www.suzukilj80.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
russmehl
Whats in Your Garage?
Whats in Your Garage?

Post by russmehl »

Probably would depend on what you have for bows. And door frames. We are looking to duplicate the ones they were sold with in the US. I suspect they were made in the US, as the tops were not anywhere near as nice as the factory (pictures in parts book).
This is retirement?
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

The tops should fit LJ80's, but the bows would not match.

Jimny, put me down for two tops, using the original LJ10 windshield frame mount (which both of my LJ10's have). Can I get one black top and one white?

I have a few sets of door frames, I can send you a couple, as I would prefer to have them sewn.

Dare I ask: What sort of timeline are we looking at, for getting them done? This may impact which LJ's I bring to the meet in Canada next year.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Well since you put in the first order, I should have them both done by the end of January.

I'm trying to remember how the 10's did mount in the front. Please remind me!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Jimny wrote:I should have them both done by the end of January.
January of what year? :wink:
Jimny wrote:I'm trying to remember how the 10's did mount in the front. Please remind me!
Hmmm, it's hard to describe. The bar is welded to the windshield frame, and forms a triangular "hook" to hold the top in place. I "think" if you make something that will fit in the round channel on the LJ20's, it will work on an LJ10 as well, but I'm not sure. I can try to get some pictures of it for you, or maybe you can go visit Wilson.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

stevec wrote:
Jimny wrote:I'm trying to remember how the 10's did mount in the front. Please remind me!
maybe you can go visit Wilson.
He loves company, so does Mouser. BTW: Mouser's windshield frame is off. I "COULD" send it to Joplin with Shane next week for you to look at.

Mebbe.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Pic's would be good enough, if I had a LJ frame in my hands I might not let it go back, or for some strange reason my frame would go back in it's place. :wink:
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Jimny wrote:Pic's would be good enough, if I had a LJ frame in my hands I might not let it go back, or for some strange reason my frame would go back in it's place. :wink:
Yeah, that's why I said "mebbe". I've seen yer act before.... :Þ
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
zukimoo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

re:

Post by zukimoo »

CAn you post a pic of a top like the one that you would be making? I'd probably take one. Getting one made around here would cost the same and probably not work very good.
81 LJ80, 3500lbs winch, 1.0 HO, 1000cc's of pure power....brap...listen to her go

Mods 2 come
-Lockrite in the back, -spring over done right and complete,-cross over steering,-seats,-6000lbs +- winch on front,-3500lbs winch ,moved to back,-highlift jack
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I'll post pics when I get the first one done.