LJ Interior Courtesy Light

Any other parts that are direct replacements.

Moderator: stevec

SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

LJ Interior Courtesy Light

Post by SuzukiTom »

Probably like most LJ's, mine was missing the interior under dash courtesy light. I had found quite a few accessory lights that I could make work, if I was willing to drill new holes in the dash in order to install them. But in the spirit of not modifying my nearly original dash too much, I was resistant to doing so.
After extensive trips to autoparts stores and online research, I have found a accessory light that has the same hole spacing as the original Suzuki OEM lamp. The OEM lamp mounting hole spacing is 2 5/32" (55mm) on center.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CX ... UTF8&psc=1
LED_light.JPG
The only problem, is that the original lamp has a built-in on/off switch, and this one does not. I rectified that by hiding a new switch inside of the glove box. There is a hole in the back of the interior of the glove box that was not being used (at least on my LJ10), and I put the switch there.

Hopefully, someone on this forum will find this information useful. :suz:

Tom H.

p.s.: The reason I am sensitive about adding additional non-stock holes to my LJ is that it is visually very stock and original, and I want to continue to keep it that way. I am not adverse to modifying a rig to your liking, but these vehicles are getting scarce enough that if it is possible, it should be kept original and not defiled. Although I have done some "restomods" to my LJ, I have tried to not make any permanent and non-reversible modifications to it.
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: LJ Interior Courtesy Light

Post by stevec »

Good info Tom, thanks! I bet that is a lot brighter than the stock light too!

For those who want all original, the stock interior light assy. is still available (or at least it was last year.)
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by SuzukiTom »

stevec wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am Good info Tom, thanks! I bet that is a lot brighter than the stock light too!

For those who want all original, the stock interior light assy. is still available (or at least it was last year.)
Well dang, if I'd known that, I'd have just ordered one! Could have sworn I asked you about these a few years ago (decade?) and you said they weren't available anymore. Or was that just the lens? :oops:

I do have a few engine things I'm going to need, I'll put together a list and PM it to you.

Tom H.
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

They are no longer available from my local Suzuki dealer, but I was able to order one from Japan last year for my mom's LJ80.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude