Fire Wood

We are planning an LJ meeting in Colorado for June 21-23, 2005.

Moderators: stevec, Jimny

KDKG
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Fire Wood

Post by KDKG »

I was thinking about firewood this past weekend as I was woodworking. If we are planning on having a shared campfire, all might want to bring a stash of wood with you unless you like buying those small bundles at gas stations. I have never been to silverton, but if it is like the other areas that I have been, they frown on cutting firewood even if it is from down trees.

I know I can bring some wood blocks from the woodworking, might be good for starting the fires.

What thinks yall?
Home, Retired, and looking like a hippie.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

Good idea KDKG,

I think Steve was planning on bringing some fire wood BUT more is needed I'm sure. If everyone could bring what they can then we won't have to worry about running out. If we have too much you can just leave it at the camp site for the next campers.
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

I'm not going to have much room for wood, and I'll probably use what I bring from home at Yellowstone the week before. I would like for us to be able to have a central fire though. I'll try and check out what we can gather around there. A few of us are getting there a day or two early, so hopefully we can get some stockpiled!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

Post by Idahopaul »

Ill bring some, but I dont have enough room for very much, so hopefully we can get some there.
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"