Spring Awakening

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

SuzukiTom
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Spring Awakening

Post by SuzukiTom »

My poor LJ had been sitting forlorn and forgotten under a tarp for 6 months. But winter is over, and spring has definitely sprung here in West Texas.
Time to de-winterize the LJ!
Pull the tarp. Somehow, something has broken the left rearview mirror. No problem, I have a spare. Dirt is covering everything, apparently It blew in under the tarp. Pull the body plugs and hose everything out. Open the hood and put the charger on the battery, again, pressure washer out the engine compartment and dry everything out with compressed air.
Hmm, that's odd. The oil tank is empty. I remember topping that off before I stored the LJ. Wonder where it went?
No brakes again. Pedal goes straight to the floor. Known issue, I've got a tiny air leak somewhere in the system. Thanks to those speed bleeders I installed, bleeding the brakes is a cinch. It'll be good for another year, or until I track that leak down.
Refill the oil tank, prime the fuel lines and carb, turn the key and it fires right off. To a huge cloud of blue smoke! So that's where the oil went, apparently the little check valves in the oil lines weep a little, and the crankcase filled up with oil. Well, at least it's getting plenty of lubrication while it's warming up.
Took it out for a ten mile drive around the neighborhood, trailing a dense cloud of blue smoke. The neighbors probably think I'm fumigating the area to kill all the mosquitoes. The LJ finally clears out on the final mile back to the house. A look back over my shoulder, and the whole valley around the lake looks like a fog bank had settled in. It'll clear out as soon as the wind picks up, I guess.
Smile on my face, the smell of burnt two-stroke oil permeating my clothes and the air. The LJ is ready for another season of fun! :beer:
Thomas Howlett

Resistance is Futile (if < 1 ohm)

SuzukiTom101@yahoo.com
Frankenstein
Spammer Hammer
Spammer Hammer

Re: Spring Awakening

Post by Frankenstein »

:cool:
I hate rust...

The older I get the better I was...

http://www.suzukilj80.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan'o
RIP
RIP

Post by yan'o »

one of these days .... i'll be just like you 8) :D
the "others" cannot understand this :))):
thx for sahring !!!!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Thankfully my LJ's get to sleep in the garage, and I have battery tenders to keep the batteries good (I've found a $20 battery tender will at least double the lifespan of those little lawn mower batteries!) I still need to rebuild a carb for Cheez Whiz, but Rocky the RHD is ready to go (except she needs a bath!)
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude