new guy.

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

first drive

new guy.

Post by first drive »

Hey Everybody! I just ran across this forum and was seeking more info on either buying an LJ20 or (gulp) trying to decently restore a really decrepit one that is (hanging my head in shame) rotting away behind my dad's pole barn. This is the car that my dad first tried to teach me to drive in when I was in the sixth or seventh grade. I'm older now (I've got sixth or seventh graders of my own) and so is that car - like possibly past the brink with rust and rot. Don't know if it could be saved or not. Driving and riding in the brute, though, was certainly one of my more interesting memory sets from growing up in Minnesota. There was one Sunday, it must have been in the late '70s, when the snow was deep enough that the pastor wouldn't have made it to church had we not picked him up on the way in the LJ.

T.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: new guy.

Post by stevec »

Welcome First Drive!

Without seeing the rig, it's hard to know if it can be saved or not, but if you scroll through the "Projects" section, you'll see some LJ's that were pretty rough being restored. Given the memories you have with that one, it would probably mean more to you if you can restore it, rather than buying another one. Either way, good luck!
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Welcome! With memories like that, I would try and rebuild your current one. Of course if it is at all able to be. Have any pics you could post? Lots of good guys here willing to help.

Like you, I first learned how to drive in an LJ 81 pickup.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
Myers
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Myers »

Welcome, and will repeat what Stevec and Ruby told you.
"LJsRME"