oddball in the crowd

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

oddball in the crowd

Post by Idahopaul »

this weekend I was the oddball in the crowd. My family and I went to the annual "Cabin Fever Run" in pinehurst Idaho. they sell 80 tickets and are always sold out in a few weeks, so you have to hurry if you want to enter your rig. anyway we took the big lj10 and had a blast. at first all the spotters had there doubts about it because it was so narrow but before the day was over they had relaxed a bunch. everyone sure liked it, one guy really wanted one and was trying to get me to sell genny! he hadnt even seen genny yet but was still interested and wanted me to name a price. I didnt have any idea what it was worth and Im not sure its for sale but it did cross my mind to be honest. When we arived that day everyone stood around us while I backed it out of the pickup-box trailer and down the ramps, they were amazed! I even heard a rumour that I had rolled at some point during the day, I asked someone who asked me about it where he heard it and he said oh a guy over there is talking about it! I just laughed and asked him if it looked like it had ever been rolled before, he said no, your right! we had fun even though it was rainy, we put a tarp over the cage to keep us dry. I went everywhere the J$#@s went too! I wish I had my axles locked though, still Im afraid to do it because Im not sure how it will handle after that.
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"