LJ in a Blizzard

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

woodchopper
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

LJ in a Blizzard

Post by woodchopper »

Well this morning it was -30 C and blowing drifting snow.

Weather said with wind chill -42 C and I had a 2 foot snow drift in my driveway and the roads were bad too, plows were just getting some of the main roads cleared.

Well off to work :| so I crank over hte poor little LJ and then again and again and on the 4 try it kicked over and ran a little :D and died. :-( Pump it again and try again, and it starts and runs and dies, :-( but on the third try she kept running. :D

So now to dig out a little snow while the LJ 'warms up' :? well at -30 does an LJ ever really warm up. Well I can tell you that the engine temp may but not enought to thaw out the inside. :-(

So with my window scraper to keep the frost from building up too much on the inside of the windshield I set off :-)

Well it appears that people are abandoning thier cars where they get stuck :shock: so around them and over the snow drifts and ice I go.

Now I get to the little streach of highway :ohno: its windy, but no problems just have to keep scraping the windshield onteh inside so I can see the road. :shock:

Parkign lot here at work is another problem, the plow did one pass down the middle, so over the windrow of snow and into a parking spot. :D

And now I have to go to the airport for a flight this afternoon. :x

Well that was my morning adventure.
Frankenstein
Spammer Hammer
Spammer Hammer

Post by Frankenstein »

Cool story, but where are the pics???

Maybe you could place a piece of board in front of the grill to get the temp up.
I hate rust...

The older I get the better I was...

http://www.suzukilj80.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
woodchopper
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by woodchopper »

well got back still cold, had to change a flat only -22C this morning, almost civilized.

no pictures as I can't find the camera.

Got to shovel more snow, and I'm running out of places to put it. :x
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

I'm sure glad I live a little (a LOT) bit south of you! :shock:

"LJ's, they go where you wanna go"
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
zukimoo
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

re:

Post by zukimoo »

we don't got the super low temps down here well at least not for long but the snow is crazy this year......I've got no more room for it either.
81 LJ80, 3500lbs winch, 1.0 HO, 1000cc's of pure power....brap...listen to her go

Mods 2 come
-Lockrite in the back, -spring over done right and complete,-cross over steering,-seats,-6000lbs +- winch on front,-3500lbs winch ,moved to back,-highlift jack
wayne
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by wayne »

Cool now I understand why they made hardtops.I guess air cooled would be an advantage too? Yesterday was 40 C(don't know what that is in F) and I've never touched snow and only seen it once when I went to Tasmania.
Bigger aint always better!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

40*C is 104*F. We got a lot of that kind of heat down in California growing up, which is why I live in the Seattle area now. :-)
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
woodchopper
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by woodchopper »

wayne wrote:Cool now I understand why they made hardtops.I guess air cooled would be an advantage too? Yesterday was 40 C(don't know what that is in F) and I've never touched snow and only seen it once when I went to Tasmania.
:D Its been warm this last week and the snow's been melting a bit, only about 50cm - 18" left :shock:

The coolant we use is 50% antifreeze, good to -40C.
Idahopaul
Lead Foot
Lead Foot

Post by Idahopaul »

ya we had the most snow we have had in many years and my LJ was broke down the whole time so I couldnt go play! :-( :pissed:
Strength is for service, not status.
Each one of us needs to look after
the good of the people arounds us,
"How can I help?"