Best thing ever. (for me anyway)

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

Dion
Ubercameraman
Ubercameraman

Best thing ever. (for me anyway)

Post by Dion »

I've been trying to get out of town all week. Finally got to go out in the Owyhees to try out the new setup (wheels and tires). Get Suzi off the trailer (borrowed one from a friend) warmed her up a minute or two and off I go. Climbed up a few hundred feet when I came across a bunch of quads. One of them asked if I had a chain or strap. I said I did but it was back in the truck. Then he told me there was this Blazer stuck pretty good about a mile further up the mountain. After some brief directions I told him I would go back and get the chain and see if I could pull him out. Got the chain and headed back up the mountain (oh yeah, the larger footprint of the new setup made for easy going, no more slipping on steep loose ground.) anyway after overshooting the road I was supposed to turn on, backtracked and found the guy. Here's the fun part (for me anyway) it's not a Blazer, it's a Ford Bronco II ( I hate Fords. I'm a CHEVY guy.) and he's in a wash with his drivers door up against the dirt. Not going anywhere and pretty well dug in. So I whip her around and get the chain (nowhere to hook the Bronco, silly little bumper no openings to get the chain through, wrap it around his right rear spring bracket) forgot I was going to put the stock tow point back on Suzi so I have this little drop hitch no ball. I wrap the chain around the hitch (kinda tied a not in it) revved her up a little and pulled him out first try (bout 20') his door was a little messed up and his daughters a little shaken up (Dad was plowed) he offered me a beer I declined and told him he shouldn't be driving with his daughters in his condition wrapped up the chain and drove off. Suzi is GOD. HA HA

Dion
Smuz
Resident Curmudgeon
Resident Curmudgeon

Post by Smuz »

Man, I bet that feels good! The only thing better would be pulling out a Jeep. I'm still waiting to do that.
The above is my opinion. It is subject (like all my opinions) to debate, disagreement, rude gestures, and loud raspberries.
Jimny
It's an LJ thing!
It's an LJ thing!

Post by Jimny »

That's :cool: !!!
I'd rather be driving my LJ!
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Re: Best thing ever. (for me anyway)

Post by stevec »

dion519@cableone wrote:...his daughters a little shaken up (Dad was plowed) he offered me a beer I declined and told him he shouldn't be driving with his daughters in his condition wrapped up the chain and drove off.
How old were the daughters? If they were of driving age, I'd 'ave made him give one of them the keys before I pulled him out. If not, I'd help him out AFTER summoning the local authority. Don't get me started again on drinking while wheeling...
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
KDKG
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by KDKG »

Several weeks ago, I was pulled up several steep hills on a mountain backroad by a V-8 locked and geared CJ-7.

BTW, I was driving my new "old" 1 ton dodge RV pulling a 18 foot flatbed hauling the Sami at the time. I now have the dodge adjusted for the allitude so hopefully we won't have to do that again.

I took a pic for the guy to be able to brag...
Home, Retired, and looking like a hippie.