My LJ story

Have a neat story while driving your LJ. Tell us!

Moderator: stevec

lil_zuk
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

My LJ story

Post by lil_zuk »

It was pretty funny when I got my LJ50V we had to go to the mainland to get it from where I live and so that means a ferry ride. Well since a ferry charges for every foot of length we decided to just put the LJ in the back. I couldnt imagine how many looks we got while driving back it was so funny. Not sure if you guys know but we went through the heart of Vancouver and it was soo busy and every single person looked. So while we were waiting for the ferry about 2 people came up to us and asked what we were doin with the truck cause they wanted to buy it. Then once we were on the ferry (1 hour and 35min trip) 5 More people came to ask us if we wanted to sell it! It was so funny one guy offered cash right there. They all wanted them instead of quads and because it has a roof.
Attachments
SuzukibyDane003new.JPG
SuzukibyDane003new.JPG (92.75 KiB) Viewed 16997 times
1976 LJ 50V 1985 SJ413K pickup
My 2 stroke LJ that gives a whole new meaning to the word "Smoke Show" :)
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

That's funny. The ferry guys didn't have a problem with having it in the back? Maybe they never seen that situation before so they didn't even know what to say. I've only been over to the Island a couple times. Once to pick up all my parts in Victoria from a guy named Mark (Big Frank on BC 4x4) maybe you know him.
Revolving door of LJ's, currently down to one LJ 81
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Yeah, they don't care much about overall size, just length. I hate that "pay by the foot" thing too. I thought about doing a trip with the camper, flat towing the samurai, but it's over 35'. If I brought the LJ's on the trailer, it's pushing 50'. I think it's actually cheaper to drive each rig separately! (except then I wouldn't have the trailer!)
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
lil_zuk
LJ Gear Head
LJ Gear Head

Post by lil_zuk »

That's funny. The ferry guys didn't have a problem with having it in the back? Maybe they never seen that situation before so they didn't even know what to say. I've only been over to the Island a couple times. Once to pick up all my parts in Victoria from a guy named Mark (Big Frank on BC 4x4) maybe you know him.
No they never even questioned about the truck. As for Mark I know who he is but not so much personally.
1976 LJ 50V 1985 SJ413K pickup
My 2 stroke LJ that gives a whole new meaning to the word "Smoke Show" :)
deimos_jr
RIP
RIP

Post by deimos_jr »

:D HEHEHE. Thats really rare to find an lj50 in America and I'm pretty sure they weren't imported to canada so you propobly have one the only 50 in America and canada. Nice find. People stare at the sami when we're tak'in it home from a wheel'in trip... can't emagin what they'd be think'in when they saw an lj50v in the back of a ford! How much were people ask'in for it?
'92 sidekick: 16v 5 speed 4 door. '72 lj20: frame and tub..
lj20Colorado
eBay Sniper

Post by lj20Colorado »

i could be wrong but i think they did inport a good number of lj80s to the americas "only to canada"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them. "john wayne 1976"
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

lj20Colorado wrote:i could be wrong but i think they did inport a good number of lj80s to the americas "only to canada"
That's right, we do have quite a few around.
stevec
The Parts Dude!
The Parts Dude!

Post by stevec »

Yeah, lots of LJ80's - Hawaii got some too, though most are rusted out by now. LJ50's, from what I've heard, are quite rare, and I don't think Suzuki imported any officially, even to Canada.
The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude
Ruby
LJ Enthusiast
LJ Enthusiast

Post by Ruby »

Maybe I should find myself a little LJ 80 drop top for the summer........ :hammer: Maybe not, the g/f would kill me.